Thursday, April 03, 2014

The Curious Incident of the Cat in the Night: SOLVED!


Remember last week when I had a visitation by a ghost cat while my husband was out of town?

I think we have solved the mystery of what was actually in bed with me if it wasn't my cat, who was actually across the house meowing her ass off in the middle of the night for no good reason. 

You're not going to like this. Trust me, I didn't.

The other night my husband I and were awakened at 2am by a terrible, truly awful noise that involved a gross amount of licking combined with a grisly crunching. After much going back and forth about what it was and hoping it might stop, I finally got up and put the light on to see what was going on.

I found my kitty cat, the same one featured in my book by the way, on the floor at the foot of the bed enjoying a late-night snack of fresh lizard.

This was no ordinary lizard. This was a giant, fat, squishy lizard of the species that we Floridians call "curly tails." They are horrid things and they like coming in my house and apparently my cat thinks they taste good, except for their heads, because she left that part behind for me.

The lizard was big enough that if it had jumped on my bed, in my sleepy haze I could have easily mistaken it for a cat landing on the bed. If the lizard walked on the bed, I could have easily believed it to be cat paws because my cat treads very lightly. Plus I was asleep.

So yeah, I was in bed with a lizard. The lizard was probably hanging out in my room for a few days, unable to get back outside and met his demise when my cat caught him and ate him during his midnight explorations.

Thanks, kitty. I mean that sincerely, in spite of your poor table manners.

6 comments:

LINDA HOSMAN said...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I would prefer a ghost cat!

LINDA HOSMAN said...

GAHHHHHHHHH! I would prefer a ghost cat!

gold digger said...

apparently my cat thinks they taste good, except for their heads, because she left that part behind for me.

I had cats when I lived in Miami. They would chase the geckos around until the geckos dropped their tails. Then they would catch and kill the geckos and eat everything but the heads. When I would clean, I would find dessicated gecko tails and heads all over.

janet from chicago said...

what a good little cat! good good good little cat! so brave & fierce to kill the big icky lizard for you. definitely A Very Good Cat.

Wide Lawns said...

I must agree with you. She is the sweetest dearest little old lady. At 13 she is still vibrant.

AlwaysARedhead said...

OMG, and I thought the dead birds my cats left behind our headboard was gross! lol http://alwaysaredhead.com/the-dead-birds-and-the-headboard/

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget