Monday, September 09, 2013

Experiments 3 and 4, Final Results

Well, the weekend has passed and I have not manifested any new furniture for myself, and I've come to the conclusion that the best way to manifest shit is to go to IKEA and buy it, although my husband forbade me from setting foot anywhere near IKEA because of the ensuing nightmare that is putting stuff from IKEA together and I can hardly blame him. Yesterday my friend suggested that I look on Craig's List and I think I'll do that today and see if I can find that dang chester. The key table, I found at least 17 of at Home Goods and all were in my price range, so I just have to decide on one and go get it when I get around to it. It's not a major priority at the moment. Maybe I failed to manifest because I didn't want it enough, and that's fine.

Remember the other day when I said that the things I wanted weren't material? Yeah. I think that's the issue at hand here. I have enough material things. I tend to get lonely and bored sometimes and I want friends to have experiences with more than stuff to junk up my house. On the friend front, I did fantastic this weekend. My husband had to go to a funeral out of town, so I was stuck home and a little in the dumps and out of the blue, two, incredible new friend experiences manifested! On Saturday, two new friends who have daughter's the same age as Little Lawns, invited us to a big pool party, complete with a kid's DJ, people in costumes, games, kid's yoga on paddle boards in a pool dear God, and all sorts of other excitement. Little Lawns was in pure heaven over it and I got to hang out in a pool with two cool women. Everyone won. Afterwards, we went out to eat with our maniac children and continued the fun. Oh, and at the pool party, I was handed a gift card good for one free lemonade at Chick-fil-a. I guess the Universe decided that I'd be better off with lemonade instead of coffee? Whatever, I'm counting it.

Yesterday, another new friend, who I met at yoga and who just moved here, invited us over. She too has a little girl Little Lawns' age and turns out they live a block away from me. We were having such a good time playing, that when everyone got hungry, we decided to go out to eat. Now for months I've been fussing about wanting Indian food and I haven't eaten it in, literally, years, because it's not really my husband's favorite and I couldn't find anyone else to go with me. Turns out the new friend and her very cool husband LOVE Indian food and there's a Sunday night Indian buffet right down the street, which they took us to. It was fabulous and we had such a good time talking and enjoying our meal. Little Lawns, on the other hand, shares her father's distaste for Indian food and acted like a total maniac for some reason last night. Not fussy naughty, but more like she had had a few shots of espresso. I think she was just excited to be playing with her new friend or something. Lord though, my child has some energy. Wears me out.

I managed to sell a few books over the weekend and I received a lovely fan email this morning. That always makes me so happy. I love hearing from people who've read and liked my book. A lot of people are telling me how much they'd love to see Amateur Night made into a TV series and I say from y'all's mouths to God's ears. I think it would be a fantastic Netflix Original, or HBO show. I want Miranda Cosgrove to play me.

So that was my weekend. No new furniture magically appeared out of thin air, but I did manage to manifest the things I really desired: friends, good company, fun, Indian food, book sales and a free lemonade. I certainly can't complain about that. I'm thrilled as can be.

Oh, and we can stop with the green cars and yellow butterflies now. EVERYWHERE. I swear there had to have been a yellow butterfly mass hatching this weekend in my neighborhood and to prove the Universe's sense of humor, my neighbor just bought a neon green Jeep, which I now pass in his driveway several times a day. So yes, Universe, I get it with the yellow butterflies and green cars.

My fifth experiment starts when I can figure out what to do. I'm supposed to ask for guidance on a yes or no question, but the problem is I don't really need any guidance right now. I'm on the right path and no big decisions are forthcoming and I realized that most of the problems I worry about really aren't my problems to worry about, so I gave them up, which leaves me without anything that I need guidance about. That's a good problem to have. So when I can figure something out, I'll start the next experiment.

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Well, lemonade is somehow a coffee substitute, but at least a cup of something came to you.

FreeDragon said...

I tried the green cars and yellow butterflies, then wrote about it on my blog.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget