Monday, July 08, 2013

Only in the Country...

I truly wish I had a picture to accompany this story, but I had to share. I was driving down Main Street last night on my way to my grandmother's house for an evening visit and to deliver her some homemade pickled beets when I noticed a shirtless man in a big straw hat driving a tractor right down the middle of the road, which would have been remarkable (to me anyway) in and of itself, but what made it even more exciting is that at the same time he was driving the tractor down Main Street, another man was hitchhiking and the tractor stopped and picked up the hitchhiker. Only in rural Delaware do hitchhikers get picked up by tractors. 

More stories later.

3 comments:

Laurel@Let's Go on a Picnic! said...

My mom's aunt once drove a riding lawnmower on the highway. (I obviously have a few stories of my own--need to edit my book majorly)

JoeinVegas said...

Did he have a passenger seat on that thing, or did the hiker have to stand?

Anonymous said...

Tractors driving down the road anywhere in Texas is completely commonplace. I work in a major suburb of Dallas and saw a tractor on the tollway where the speed limit is 70 yesterday and no one seemed to mind him much, they just went around

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget