Wednesday, June 19, 2013
9:26 AM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
I'm leaving for my annual summer vacation next week and I am ridiculously excited about it this year because I've decided that I have dealt with enough bullshit this year that I deserve to have some serious fun without having to worry about other people's crap for once in my life. Usually I go in August, but I'm going early this year because I realized that I haven't spent the 4th of July up north since I was a kid and it's more fun up there, plus there are all kinds of family activities going on in July that I don't want to miss.
In the spirit of fun-having, I've come up with a summer bucket list for myself.
My Summer Vacation Bucket List
1. Beach picnic with Little Lawns
2. Build a sandcastle
3. Pick blueberries or peaches or whatever there is to pick
4. Ride boardwalk rides with Little Lawns
5. Play skeeball
6. Eat Dairy Queen sundaes on the hood of the car in the DQ parking lot.
7. Chase fireflies at dusk
8. Do a cannonball
9. Watch fireworks on the green of the state capitol building
10. Sit by a lake and watch the sunset and the swallows swooping
11. Pick wildflowers
12. Hike in the woods by a stream
13. Buy produce at a roadside stand
14. BBQ with my cousins
15. Crab boil
16. Bonfire and smores
17. Play with Sparklers
18. Watch a meteor shower
19. Go crabbing
20. Play with a big beach ball
21. Eat caramel corn on a bench on the boardwalk
22. Write!! Finish my next book!
23. Celebrate with my family
24. Take a ton of gorgeous pictures
25. Go to the zoo
26. Pool party with cousins
27.Go to a museum
28. Visit an aquarium
29. Tour a garden or historic home
30. Get a babysitter and go to Sambo's.
31. Have fun and let it all go.
What's on your summer bucket list this year?
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2014 (39)
- Summer Reading!
- How to Eat Healthy on Road Trips
- My Summer Bucket List
- The Phone That Cried Wolf
- Amateur Night at the Bubblegum Kittikat in Paperba...
- I Spoke Too Soon
- Kale? No, Thank you.
- Amateur Night on the Nook!
- IHTM - I Couldn't Think of Anything to Write for X...
- THE BIG DAY IS HERE!! My Book is for Sale!!!
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- ► 2008 (212)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink