Wednesday, June 12, 2013

IHTM - I Couldn't Think of Anything to Write for XoJane

Ok, so I'm totally addicted to XoJane's "It Happened to Me" section. If you haven't read it, please, do yourself a favor. Some of the stories are heartbreaking, terrifying, exciting, hilarious and many of them are just plain weird. Almost all of them are totally entertaining. Some of them are completely ridiculous. I still haven't quite recovered from the story about the girl whose doctor told her she didn't drink enough water. Really? You wrote a story about that? And got it published? Ok.

So I got it into my head, likely from my teenage obsession with Sassy and then Jane magazine, that I MUST write for XoJane to complete my life and I thought, ok, a lot of ridiculous shit has happened to me. I could surely fill a book of IHTMs. So I've been brainstorming and dang, I can't think of anything to write. Here is my list of potential titles so far:

IHTM - I stepped on a snake but it was actually a shoelace
IHTM - I left my Starbucks on top of the car and drove off
IHTM - I left my iPhone on top of the car and drove off IN THE RAIN (this should be told from the phone's point of view)
IHTM- My cat threw up a half chewed lizard and I had to clean it up
IHTM - My dentist told me I needed to floss more
IHTM - I farted in yoga
IHTM - I found myself really enjoying a Selena Gomez song
IHTM - All of my friends like sushi except me
IHTM - I wore my shirt inside out to my daughter's school

I'm so boring. Lord have mercy. I'll think of something though.

I'd like to thank everyone who has bought the Kindle version of my book. I'm so grateful for your support and I hope everyone is loving the book. Please, please, if you like it, review it on Amazon and Goodreads, tweet it, facebook it, blog about it. Whatever you can do, please. Tell all your friends! Make them buy it. Threaten them if you have to. Just kidding. Don't threaten them. Just give them an ultimatum. And if you haven't bought it yet, what are you waiting for? Here it is. And yes, Nook should be out soon, maybe today. IBooks too and print version is ready but I ordered proofs first to check the formatting. There were some weird formatting things with the ebook that I'm working on and if you guys see typos, errors etc. please email me so I can fix them immediately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. IHTM is the best part of XoJane. However, I am unashamedly a huge fan of thehairpin.com. There are fewer trolls and most everyone is constructive, helpful, supportive, intelligent and funny. I would love to see your writing on there.

Jan said...

What about the peacocks that attacked your car?

Wide Lawns said...

Oh my gosh, that's hysterical. I totally should submit that story!

IHTM - My car was attacked by wild peacocks. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm doing it.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget