Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Spoke Too Soon


I called it. Several people today have informed me that Yankee Candles does indeed make a bacon scented candle, for the love of God. You can find it here.

And my curiosity got the best of me so I had to google "kale candles." Was I disappointed? Of course not. I called it, folks. Kale candles. And they are $36.00 for a small votive no less. Forty bucks for a candle that smells like farts.

Don't even get me started on the whole "MAN CANDLE" nonsense you see above. I just, don't even have words for whatever moron in marketing came up with that bullshit idea. I hope they got fired. The gender stereotyping annoys me deeply on many levels and what the fuck does a riding mower smell like? Gasoline in my experience. I don't want a gasoline scented candle, thanks. And a football candle? What does that smell like? Leather, BO, and ball sweat? Yeah, I want my house smelling like that. Man Town? Seriously? What the hell is MAN TOWN? What does that smell like? Movie night I imagine smells like pizza, popcorn and beer, which is ok but I don't want to purposely scent my house like that. Oh, wait. Probably because I'm a woman. Yankee Candles, please stick with fruity, perfumy, pastelly smelling things. This was a dreadful idea. 

5 comments:

Nana said...

Last season, "Shark Tank" rich folk funded two men who had a "man-scents" candle company ... and they're making a fortune. Yankee Candle just jumped on the bandwagon. Considering how long bacon smell lasts when I cook some, I suppose I could just fry a piece every morning and leave it sitting on the counter all day. Ugh.

Michelle said...

Scentsy has a line of man scents out too. Leather, Rubber Tire, Cola, Cold Pizza and a few more. I bought them for my teenager who likes his tart warmer. They all stink!

Anonymous said...

If you take a look at the "MMM Bacon" Yankee Candle page, all the reviews of the candle are negative. No one likes it. :)

JoeinVegas said...

I figured a slob's house would basically smell like that anyway, why would they need a candle if there is old pizza and spilled beer around?

Bobbi said...

And these are Man Candles II.
Wonder about Man Candles I.
Crazy town.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget