Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back

Ok, I've had a bunch of people emailing and twitter messaging me and whatnot, worried about me. To be honest, you all probably had good reason to be worried because a lot of shit has been going down in my life.

I'm back from Delaware and I'm feeling a little better about my life. I truly wish I could write about all of it in wild, exhibitionist style, but I have to respect the personal boundaries and privacy of others in my life sometimes, who don't wish to have their personal business broadcast across the Internet for the sake of my emotional catharsis and your entertainment. Plus, I'd turn into the blogosphere's biggest trainwreck and I'd prefer to avoid that and save all this BS for a future memoir that Oprah would definitely love.

I have been severely depressed. It's mostly situational, caused by events far beyond my control and my anxiety level was through the roof and I really hadn't been functioning, so while I was in Delaware I started on meds again for the first time in 10 years and I had to go through an adjustment period for about a month where it got way worse before it got better. But now it's better! A lot better. And I'm home, doing yoga again, eating well and feeling a lot healthier and more at a place of peace and acceptance about my suck-ass situation and I'm finally getting over a case of bronchitis that has plagued me for two solid months, so I'm thinking maybe things are a little more positive than they were when last I wrote.

Let's hope.

On another sad note, I must report the passing of Bombaclaat, who died while I was out of town. At almost 15, he had FAR outlasted his life expectancy so it was his time to go.

 

9 comments:

Alison said...

Oh no Bombclaat! I will forever remember the story of when everyone thought he had drowned.

(Glad to have you back!)

JoeinVegas said...

Sorry Bombclaat, the stories were enjoyable. Glad you are back and hope things get (and stay) better.

Christian said...

Welcome back. :) You were definitely missed. I am sorry for the difficult times.... you are not alone but I know you know this.

I believe that suffering eventually opens us up for something even better even when things feel absolutely- even unbearably miserable. I have been there... way down there and I still sometimes struggle with the "why's of everything.

Thanks for sharing and am so glad you are starting to feel better.

Melanie said...

OK, so you've been through a rough patch. I can sympathize, having been through several rough patches myself. I'm just glad to hear that you're back in control and doing the things that you need to do in order to live the best life possible.

Keep taking care of yourself -- you're worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things have been bad. Hope Oprah loves that to-be memoir!

Michelle Schwingler said...

I will miss the stories of that crazy dog.
I sincerely hope things level out for you and you can find happiness!

kerry said...

Poor Bombaclaat. You were able to give him a good life.

I'm glad you're doing better. I had been worried about you.

Vic said...

Rest in peace, Bombaclaat.
Thank you for excluding the rainbow bridge reference.
Everyone occasionally experiences existential angst. Take care of yourself. Assets to literature mustn't molder.

Kate said...

Oh, this makes me so sad. I love Bombaclaat! My favorite story EVER was when he discovered the pork flavored grass under the grill. The accompanying photo made me giggle for days. Now I have to go see if I can find it again.

Rest in peace, dear little sweater wearing fellow!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget