Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nasty-Assed Recipes - Superbowl Edition

Just in time, a week ahead of schedule actually, for the Superbowl what do I find but a supremely disgusting dip recipe. Admittedly, it's not as gross as last year's White Castle Dip. Not much can top that one and if I had to choose, like if there were a gun to my head, I'd eat this one over that one but only because there's no meat.

Cookie dough dip people.

You might think this sounds good but if you do you are Paula Deen.

Cream cheese, butter, all amounts of sugar, toffee, chocolate chips bleck. Yuck. Heavy, fatty overly sweet nastiness right there.

I'm of the mind that cookie dough is best made into cookies. I'll afford you ice cream. I don't like it but I get the idea. I sneaked bits of cookie dough as a child too and it was good. I'd still eat it but not as a dip, come on, and mixed with cream cheese. Gross.

But you can dip fruit in it, so it's healthy, right?


Who wants to volunteer to make it? Come on, I know I'm going to get comments saying how good this sounds.

And while I'm at it, who can top Cookie Dough Dip? Anyone have any more disgusting dip recipes for Superbowl? Leave them in the comments or email me at widelawns@gmail.com.

Here's the original recipe for Cookie Dough Dip.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I probably would have eaten that dip as a youngster, but there's no way I would eat it nowadays. Not because I'm on a diet, but because it sounds too gross.

Good luck getting someone else to make it!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the butter in the recipe---that's what makes it gross. Other than that, it's a cheesecake batter without the eggs.

JG

FreeDragon said...

Eeeewwwwwwwww. It looks gross, like whipped puke. I wouldn't eat that even if I didn't have diabetes.

Kirsty S said...

I'm too scared to click on the link...

Anonymous said...

Try this version: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

Healthier, with less ick factor.

Elisabeth said...

Made it for Super Bowl and everyone loved it. Go figure?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like buttercream, probably better as a cake spread than a dip, LOL.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget