Saturday, August 20, 2011

Going Home

I just want to go home. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and I want my own bed and a bathroom that I don't have to share with people with whom I'm not comfortable talking about poop. I may be having a vacation breakdown and I'm pretty sure this is the longest trip my husband and I have ever taken together. It's definitely a long trip with a baby, but she's been just fine and is probably a much better traveler than I am. So far I've managed to live out all of my summer beach house fantasies all up and down the East Coast. We've had sweet corn and blueberry picking, sunflowers, waves breaking on rocks, starfish strewn tidepools, swan feeding, cocktails at fancy hotels, lots of clothes with blue stripes, sunhats, ice cream, darting swallows, one big rainbow and one little one, tons of BBQs, roadside farm stands, lobster rolls, mermaid weather vanes, New England shingle style beach houses and wow, it's been amazing. Exhausting. Beautiful. The best vacation I've ever taken and everything I've always dreamed about.

But now I'm really ready to get home, to get all this laundry done, to get back on a schedule, restock my fridge, start writing again, start planning my memoir class and prepare for my favorite season of all. People, it's only a matter of days before they have Pumpkin Spice Lattes again. I've milked this summer for all it was worth and now I'm saying bring on the fall.

And by the way, we booked our return flights tomorrow night on Southwest since Spirit sucked crap. No charge for checked bags!

1 comments:

JDogg said...

J-pup and I would have loved to have been able to see you all in our part of the northeast!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget