Monday, July 25, 2011

Daddies - The Blondes of Baby Care

My husband has been walking around lately in a daze that he calls being "Yoga Stoned."

The other day he changed the lightbulb in our bedroom and couldn't figure out why the bedside lamp still wasn't working. It works now. This morning I plugged it back in.

On Saturday morning, he took Baby Lawns all morning because they needed to play together and I had a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for a baby shower I was helping host. He took her swimming and then got her re-dressed nicely and brought her home for her nap. When she woke up from her nap, her crib and her onesie were soaked with pee. I mean it looked like a grown man had stood there and just peed all over the place in there. We've had diaper leaks but nothing this dramatic. Major clean-up was in order. When I picked the baby up I saw that she wasn't wearing a diaper. Daddy had done such a good job of dressing her, but he missed the most important thing.

Later on I asked him about it and he said "Oh, yeah. I forgot they have to wear those things."

Umm yeah. She's not potty trained just yet Da-Da.

Luckily the mess was easily cleaned up and no harm was done, but I had quite a good laugh over it.

And by the way, the title of this post was coined by my husband. God bless him.

6 comments:

arikam said...

No diaper??? How hilarious.

Head Ant said...

Oh yes... I've been there.

Oh... that mess? I didn't know they were doing that...

greyspasm said...

I did that once, but realized my mistake as I was snapping up the onesie. You're really lucky she just went number 1. But anyway, Daddy will never live this one down.

JoeinVegas said...

The title does fit

Dawn said...

Yes, that could have turned out MUCH worse!

Robin in Ohio said...

Snicker, snort! Poor Daddy Lawns. He'll never live this down. It's the kind of story that will be told over and over.

He's a good sport, though, and he sounds like a very loving dad. I'll bet he'll never forget the diaper again!! LOL!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget