Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snowbird!

Remember back when I said that if I had a million dollars I'd be a snowbird and that I'd summer up North in Millpond? Well, I don't have a million dollars just yet and I can't afford my own summer home, but I'm getting my ultimate wish, which is to spend the summer in Millpond and be with my family up there! It's official. I'm summering up North! Baby Lawns and I will be staying with my grandmother and Baby Lawns' Christening is now set for June 26th, which is her eight month birthday and three days before my grandmother's 80th. We're even going to have a Christening party complete with fried chicken, Jell-O salads and pulled pork. I am thrilled. I am beyond thrilled. We are going to have so much fun and everyone can get to know Baby Lawns. I can hang out with my cousins and their kids and go to family functions all summer. Best of all, I can make my grandmother happy. Summer is hard for her because it's her wedding anniversary, my grandfather's birthday and the anniversary of his death and funeral. All of those days are extremely hard on her. She told me that when he died she had no reason to live anymore and that coming down and meeting Baby Lawns gave her her will back and made her want to be alive.

Knowing how badly I've wanted to spend summers away and hearing my grandmother say that, my husband knew we had to find a way to make my going up there work. He's going to be working in the New York and New Jersey offices of his company. It's about a 3 to 4 hour drive from Millpond, but it's not that bad. He'll work up there during the week and then come down to Millpond to be with us on the weekends.

I'm so excited!!! I can go to Rehoboth whenever I want! I can have Grotto Pizza and Thrashers fries! I can be with the people I love who won't be around much longer. Thank heavens.

10 comments:

Kerry said...

That's fantastic!!!!! And you can get lots of pictures, of both baby and the rest of the family. :)

Life in the mom lane said...

Congrats! That sounds wonderful!!!! :)

Summersweet Farm said...

Good for you! You are also welcome to come visit us and our chickens, though I'm sure you'll be too busy. We live between Baltimore and DC.

Suffer Kate said...

Love this. Have SO MUCH fun. You rock.

EricaM said...

Well, this makes me happy for you WL. You deserve it. One of my biggest regrets so far is moving out of state when my grandmothers health declined and she passed. I wasn't around, until the day before her death, and we were close, she pretty much raised me. For shame.

booda baby said...

This made me SOOO happy - it's hard to say whether happy for you (of course) or me (vicarious joy). Either one will do, I guess. :)

JDogg said...

Awesome! J-Pup and I can make the trip down!

J Laynie said...

I just had Grotto's the other night :) One of the ONLY good things about living in Delaware!! YUMMY!

Blake said...

That is so awesome for you! Congrats.

Stephani said...

That's awesome to hear, WL. Very happy for you and your family. :)

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget