Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Haircut Wednesday!

It has been, I kid you not, a year since I've done anything to my hair and this afternoon, thanks to the enormous kindness of a friend who recently came into some money, I am off to the salon to get a fresh cut and color. That is an amazing friend isn't it? If I ever come into money I want to do stuff like that too.  So by the end of the day I will no longer look like I'm going to crawl out of your television, dripping water all over your floor, to murder you. Yay!

I'm working on an Ash Wednesday post, but I'm not confident that I'll finish it. Let's hope I do.

Before I go, I want to thank the commenter who recommended Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen. I couldn't resist the title and bought it immediately. I haven't regretted that decision for one second. I'm almost done with and have foregone naps and writing just to read it. It's hilarious and deals with some heavy subject matter in a lighthearted way. I haven't laughed so hard at a book since I first discovered David Sedaris. I mean it. Buy it or get it at your library at once and be prepared to pee your pants.

2 comments:

floridagirl said...

Glad you have enjoyed it- I also laughed so hard that I wet myself while reading it.
Love, love David Sedaris as well. I knew there was a reason I liked you!

Jen said...

You have no idea how many times I've been asked "Wait, Mennonite? Isn't that like being Amish? Is your buggy parked outside? do you have electricity and running water?" Its not the Dark Ages people! I have been reading your blog for a couple years now, and spent (won't say wasted cause it wasnt a waste!) at least three days reading all your archives. I love your writing and look forward to new posts. Thank you!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget