Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Garden Yeti

SALE! Bigfoot: the Garden Yeti Statue 
Every time I think I've seen it all...

While the baby napped yesterday, I began to shop online for a garden pagoda. I have a window over my bathtub that looks out onto a hidden corner of the backyard and there's nothing out there. It looks ugly and I had the idea to fix up the shady spot and make a secret garden so that when I take a bath I can look out at something soothing and pretty. I want to cover the ground with river rocks and put a small, stone pagoda out there. But then I thought twice because as I was looking for the pagoda I found something better - the Garden Yeti and I mean, jeez, why have a stupid pagoda when you can have an Abominable Snowman, especially in South Florida? 


I swore I had see it all, but then I found something even better! A Garden Alien!


I think I should go with a "Destination Truth" themed backyard and get them both.

10 comments:

One Mean MFA said...

Not going to lie, the alien is fantastic. He/She (maybe aliens are asexual?) looks super friendly. If I didn't live in an apartment, and had a garden, that alien would definitely be a part of it.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the Yeti, just think of him as a Skunk Ape and he'll fit right in.

catherine said...

I love those statues :D
my absolute favourite one is a dragon sculpture at a house near here.
this pic is similiar, but the one I saw is way bigger and made of concrete.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dragon+garden+sculptures&view=detail&id=946064EC88DD8C82007D166002E67F7700996CCB&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR

Kerry said...

Alien. Totally. In a pagoda.

Nicole said...

The alien and yeti are great, but the ultimate lawn accessory is a garden t-rex.

Jean_Phx said...

I saw a great zombie statue - like he was coming out of the ground. Very cool. I can't remember where - I'm sure Goggle could find it again.

Jason said...

No, no, no. The best is the garden zombie! http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Zombie/dp/B003CWCW0O

catherine said...

OMG I LOVE the garden Zombie!!!

Brenna said...

I think I'd totally freak out if I saw that garden yeti in someone's yard. But then again, I also think garden gnomes are creepy.

Anonymous said...

I lived for a while in a neighborhood where most of the houses had a concrete statue of Mary in their yards, often with a scallop shell or more commonly a half-buried bathtub behind her. If I still lived there I'd have fantasies of buying the garden alien for my front lawn, painting a blue robe on it, and setting it in front of an upturned bathtub.
[I realize I'm going to hell for that, but I still can't stop giggling. My feelings won't be hurt if you think it would be wiser not to publish my comment! ;-) ]

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget