Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And One More Book...

Press Pause MomentsI thought about this and I decided that I really wanted to share with you a book that I am in! Were it not for this blog and for you readers, I wouldn't have written this story and it wouldn't be published in this wonderful anthology, so I thank you. You don't even know how much I thank you.

I am so proud to have been included in Press Pause Moments. Anne Witkavitch edited an interesting and diverse group of essays by women about making changes in their lives and I enjoyed reading the other stories in the collection. I think you will too. 


Here's the product description from Amazon, which I think describes it better than I can (my story is the one about getting a degree!!):
"Life is about change... As human beings we're always changing, growing, transforming and transitioning our lives...but whether it is our circumstances that lead us to take a new path or a desire to pursue a goal or dream, as women we learn that we have the power to choose who we want to be, what we want to do, and what kind of life we want to lead. These words introduce Press Pause Moments: Essays about Life Transitions by Women Writers, a collection of beautifully crafted tales by 36 women writers reflecting upon change, adversity and celebration. The essays covering a diverse range of topics such as marriage, divorce, widowhood, parenthood, infertility, sexuality, surviving abuse, facing a medical crisis, moving a home, changing careers, and obtaining a degree are written by women who have celebrated, mourned, taken control and transformed through the transitions of their lives. As women we look at life transitions in many ways, sometimes one layered upon the other. However, when we press pause, as will happen when reading these stories, inner voices become quiet long enough to pay attention to what is going on within us and around us. We learn that true press pause moments are those points in time when we fully realize the need to make change happen, and become greater than our existing selves."

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! Not just on the book, but achieving your dream of becoming a teacher, more importantly. Life has a funny way of working out if you believe in yourself, huh? :)

Shannon Culver said...

Just bought it, and look forward to reading it. Love you, love your writing, love your blog, love how well I've gotten to know you, and I love that this book is on its way to my house!
Thank you for letting us in on it!
Shannon

Jen & Rob said...

I am so happy for you! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm always rooting for you. :)

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget