Saturday, February 19, 2011

Johnny Depp's Boat






Readers, this is Johnny Depp's boat and it is moored about a mile, possibly less, from where I live. This is one of my claims to fame - I live a mile from Johnny Depp's boat. I always tell my out of town guests this and it seems to excite and impress them for about fifteen seconds. Don't think I'm the only one who does this though. Everyone who lives within at least a three mile radius of Johnny Depp's boat is equally obsessed with Johnny Depp's boat. Everyone in the neighborhood talks about it.


"Hey you see Johnny Depp's boat?"


"Johnny Depp's boat's gone. Wonder where it went."


"Oh look, Johnny Depp's boat's back."


"You think Johnny Depp is on his boat?"


Johnny Depp's boat is a continued source of conversation around these parts.


Partly this is because Johnny Depp is an unusual character. He's mysterious, eccentric, massively A-list, more famous than anyone who has ever been in this town probably and well, he has a pretty cool-ass boat. I mean, look at the thing. It's like no other boat in the marina. It practically screams "I AM JOHNNY DEPP'S BOAT!!"


I love the teak and the brass trims and the gold filigree work. I love the pointy, sleek look of it. It's a neat boat. If I were Johnny Depp I'd definitely have a boat like that too. He's got good taste and to me I can just imagine Jack Sparrow jumping around on deck with a saber.


The boat even has an odd name. It's the first letters of the names of his wife and kids. I have no clue how one might pronounce it. It's called the "Vajoliroja." Don't ask me. I already said Johnny Depp was eccentric.

I have elaborate daydreams about Johnny Depp's boat. Namely that I'd run into Johnny, Vanessa and the kids and they'd love me and take me sailing. We'd go to Johnny Depp's island. I have no idea if he even has an island (seems like he would though) but in my fantasy Johnny Depp owns his own island. We'd get there and the island would look like a set from a Tim Burton movie and in fact, Tim Burton would be there and we'd hang out with him and drink pina coladas served to us by real Oompa Loompas and then there would be some pirate escapades, a tree house and maybe a Tiki Bird show. Wait, I think my childhood memories of Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom may have invaded my Johnny Depp daydream a little.

Oh well, I can dream. While I wait for the Depps to cruise up to my dock (that I don't have being that I live on the land side of the street), I thought you might enjoy seeing the boat too. If you want to know more about it, you can read here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the explanation of the name somewhere online:

Vajoliroja - Named for the first letters of the names of his family (longtime girlfriend Vanessa, Johnny, daughter Lily Rose and son Jack)

Love your writing!

DiaryofWhy said...

My love of Johnny Depp is possibly only outweighed by my love of Vanessa Paradis, so if I lived there I would definitely be one of the Johnny Depp yacht-watchers. I thought the outside was amazing, but clicking on that link, the pics of the inside are to die for! But then, I guess I wouldn't expect anything less.

Anonymous said...

I assume that the pronounciation is Va Joli Ro Ja, like a play on The Jolly Roger. Clever!

Anonymous said...

Johnny does actually own an island. It's in the Bahamas. He bought it 3 or 4 years ago.

Laurie said...

There is no one cooler (or hotter!) on the planet than Johnny Depp. If I lived anywhere near anything of his, you can bet I'd NEVER stop talking about it. Thanks for the pics of his awesome boat. Send him my love if you see him - LOL!

Tanja said...

I loved reading your blog,It made me smile:) I would be exactly like you, it's a gorgeous boat, with great character, owned by one of the most unique persons of our time, How can you not be star struck...even by his boat.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget