Friday, February 25, 2011

Housepainting Poll Closed

Thanks for all your votes in my house paint poll. That was pretty fun. The dark green won by a landslide, but I'm not in love with it. I want something a little more olivey and less wine bottle green I think. I may also go with a pale yellow as many suggested.

I have some great news though! My sister and brother in law closed on the house next door and we're now neighbors! They're working on the house and will move in in a month or so when it's done. I can't wait. We have already cleared the yards and plan to do one big combined yard for the babies to play in when they get bigger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Tampa and two doors down from me is a dark green house. It was painted 2 years ago. Lovely color, but it has faded something awful from the sun. Top half of the walls has stayed almost the same color, but where the sun hits the hardest it is much lighter. Looks terrible. As it's so expensive to paint your entire exterior, I would avoid picking the dark green. Never had to deal with fading paint up in Ohio, but down here I've learned if the sun hits it, prepare for it to lighten. Kind of like I didn't know having light grout on your floors is a cleaning nightmare. The things you learn...

General said...

Have you thought about a terra-cotta shade? It doesn't have to be too dark (there are some shades of terra-cotta that are too dark) and looks great with the tile roof. A friend of mine did her's in New Smyrna Beach and it looks great! So beachy.

Summersweet Farm said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your sister - and for your children, who will grow up with strong family ties. What wonderful news.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget