Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Another Day

I'm feeling a lot better today, though still sleep deprived. Again, thanks for all of your words of encouragement. I feel more like everything is going to be ok. I really do. If only I could get some sleep, I think I'd have an even clearer head, but that's the nature of having an infant, I guess and I got one of the ones who never ever sleeps. My sister is lucky. Her baby pretty much does nothing but sleep, but Baby Lawns never does. It's rare she even takes a nap, though I try to get her to. I swear I see Adderall in this child's future, but I hope not.

Last night, after a long talk and commitment to specific, concrete changes, I took a nice shower and had a Pepsi. I never drink Pepsi but it was good and then I got a sweet tooth. I said I wanted some ice cream. No sooner had I typed that out then my phone rang and it was my neighbor who said she had some cherry cheesecake for me if I wanted it.

About 15 minutes later she arrived with a huge box of food and the cherry cheesecake. She said she thought she should bring me all of her leftovers from her Superbowl party. There were meatballs, a carrot cake, a key lime pie, pasta salad and potato salad. It was ridiculous how much food she brought me. I had a feast.

Then my husband showed up with ice cream, almond joys, junior mints and hot tamales.

I went to bed and around 9:30 there was a knock at the door and it was my friend Sam walking the dogs and he brought me, I kid you not, a huge slice of chocolate raspberry cake that he thought I would like, just out of the blue.

I have written before of my power to manifest things in my life. This was just another example. The Universe was reminding me, I think, of the abundance that can be in my life if I just ask. It was telling me that everything is going to be ok. I am going to get what I want and need in life.

I'm going to be positive. I'm going to get over this and get through this dark place in my life by being positive and productive and I'm going to give my baby a beautiful life with a healthy family and a warm, safe home.

And since no one believes me, I took a picture of my packed fridge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you feel better! =)

Erica said...

That sounds fabulous on all accounts!

Joy said...

my husband can manifest like you do. Me not so much. It takes years. I love that you do that!

Kerry said...

I'm glad you feel better! I love your manifestation skills! I'm not quite that good at it- takes me a bit of time to get things.

And friends who bring you cheesecake? OMG.

Yes, you can give your daughter a beautiful life. Absolutely. Even if she doesn't sleep. (my brother didn't sleep for his first three years and yet he turned out fine)

EricaM said...

I really like the lone pepsi hanging out in there.

I wish you so much good luck and positive energy.

MarĂ­a said...

Glad you feel better. I have manifested wonderful things in my life and believe in Law of Attraction.

But kick his ass if necessary.

Anonymous said...

You know, I believe you when you say that the universe manifests the things that you want. But, generally speaking, I believe that is something that happens mainly to people who, themselves, are VERY GENEROUS GIVERS.

In other words, I think the more you give, the more you get in return. So for people out there who are wondering why they don't get very much: have you tried giving, and giving, and then giving some more?

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget