Friday, December 03, 2010

Alive!

Baby Lawns is 5 weeks old! I'm alive. She's alive. I had a perfect storm of things to cause me not to write. The in-laws have been here for 2 1/2 weeks, we had Thanksgiving, I lost my lap top cord (found it obviously), and well, I have a newborn who needs constant nursing. It's been a lot, but we're all great and I'm getting used to the whole mothering thing. My sister is still pregnant, but should give birth at any moment. I'll keep you posted. I'm just checking in here for a second, as I'm pretending that I'm ordering PF Changs online. Don't want the in-laws, who are holding the baby, to think I'm slacking on my mommy duties. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here, still working on the birth story and that the baby is happy, healthy and cute. I should be back soon once my guests are home. I miss you guys and hope you're all well.

19 comments:

FreeDragon said...

Congrats!

kerry said...

Glad to hear you and baby are doing well!

imfortyish said...

Baby pics!

Mamie said...

Glad you and Baby Lawns are well (hope Canela is adjusting also), and will try to wait patiently for more good stories. Take care!

JDogg said...

BabyLawns is so awesome! Hope to see more postings and photos. Glad to see you post a little.

Jenn Mercer said...

Yep, I remember the fog started to clear around the 5-6 week mark. It just gets better after this point. Enjoy your wonderful baby. We'll wait. Babies are not babies forever :).

Life in the mom lane said...

Congrats!!! :)

Dayna said...

awe :)

Courtney said...

Glad to hear it's going well! Miss you, and I hope I get to see you guys over the upcoming break!

A said...

So glad to hear from you again and to hear that everything is going well. It gets better every day! Can't wait to hear more. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww... I miss you, too. So glad that you're enjoying the sweet baby and that she's healthy and happy.

Looking forward to more posts once things calm down a bit for you!

Maureen

Joanna said...

Glad to hear you are both doing well, I have been missing your posts.

Robin in Ohio said...

Good to hear from you, WL. It's amazing how much time and attention little ones require. It gets better, I promise (from the mother of two - 18 and 22).

We'll be here when you get a chance to log on and visit. In the mean time, be well and happy.

K2 said...

I have always heard the first three months described as a "hazing period."

JoeinVegas said...

PFChangs? High class in laws. Surprise them with cheap pizza

Jean_Phx said...

I was wondering if it was all getting to be overload and you were directing your attention as it should be on the little one! Glad to hear you'll be back soon - enjoy every moment.

janet from chicago said...

Millicent? Millicent Lawns???

Vicky? plummy Victoria Lawns???

(yes I do read your tweets)

I am so happy that things seem to be going so well for you & little baby lawns! Still praying for easy breastfeeding & sleep.

go wide lawns!! you rock & we love you!!

LegalMist said...

Glad to hear all is well!

Kate said...

I was a young, foolhardy teenager who was adamantly pro-life. I got pregnant at 16, chose to keep and raise my baby, and never looked back. However, it made me resolutely pro-choice.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget