Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me or Miss Doxie

Some of you may know I have a beef with Miss Doxie. Mainly it's that as soon as I discovered her, she disappeared. Then she reappeared a year later and got a cat and disappeared again and every time she comes back with her yearly post she has all kinds of promises about how she has problems with her site and they're getting fixed and it's all going to work out and how she is going to write great stories and then NOTHING HAPPENS. Now I know that this woman has a job and a dog and now a cat. I understand this, but stop saying you're going to do something and then not doing it. It's not fair. The sick thing is she can not blog for a friggin year and come back and get 400 some comments. Not fair. She clearly doesn't understand that her priority is not her lawyering or her pets or her new boyfriend. It is entertaining me with extremely wordy, funny stories about Atlanta, a place I miss desperately. I used to crack up at her stories like nothing else. I really did.

Besides Miss Doxie not ever writing anything and stringing everyone along, it really annoys me that people (famous bloggers no less) keep her links on their own sites. I've decided to start a movement, a petition or what have you, all across the Internet to remove Miss Doxie's link and replace it with mine, because I will write you all some stories. I may not write every day, but at least I write more than once a year.

If Miss Doxie finally stops arguing stupid legal cases and snuggling with her boyfriend and new cat, and writes us some stories THEN everyone can add her back.

And I hope everyone realizes that I am very tongue in cheek about this and that I say this all in good fun because I actually really liked her stories a lot. I had to put this disclaimer because some fool WILL write me to the effect of: "You are a stupid bitch who knows nothing and you aren't the writer Miss Doxie is. You don't have half her talent in your little finger and she's probably way hotter than you and that's probably why you don't put pictures of yourself up ever. How dare you say mean things about Miss Doxie. I've been camped outside of her house for over a year so I know she is a wonderful person!!"

I don't have a lot of hope about Miss Doxie's return or that my evil plan to replace her links with mine will work, so in the meantime, I need something funny to read. You know I've been down lately. I need some serious humor (or some good, paranoid, whack-job UFO conspiracy theory) to keep my mind off my troubles. Please suggest. Many of your past suggestions have become regular, favorite reads. You all clearly have excellent taste.

25 comments:

Today's Random said...

The funniest one I can think of, I got from your blogroll, ByeByePie. She makes me giggle inappropriately at work. Not really sure if it's considered a blog but http://www.makemymood.com has some hilarious pictures on occasion and worth a peek.

Calamity Anne said...

One of my favs is "Just Humor Me," but you've already got that on your list. A couple others that I love are "Attack of the Redneck Mommy," and "Hillbilly Hilarity." Of course, there's yours, but you already know that's a great one!

Anonymous said...

"The Absence of Alternatives" is good :)

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Haven Kimmel's "A Girl Named Zippy." Haven stole your childhood and wrote about it.

skip 2 colorado said...

Besides reading you, and my own crap (kind of like only listening to what your rice krispies tell you to do...)if I really need to laugh until I pee on my office chair, it's http://worldofsuck.net/index.php or http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com
I don't mean to sound like a total idiot, but what constitutes a 'famous' blogger, and how did Miss Doxie become one? Is she a weiner dog? I really like weiner dogs. Is it her number of followers? Do weiner dogs follow her? Do they comment? I'm new, and ignorant, and have a kind of short attention span. That said, if there was a 12 step program for Wide Lawns, I'd be joining.Love your style. Fascinated, yet frightened by your life!

Talula said...

I always look forward to posts from this gentleman:

http://chriskelly.tumblr.com/

CC said...

I kind of like Michelle at The Underwear Drawer, she's funny: http://theunderweardrawer.blogspot.com

There is also Kristen In London whose life makes me very jealous so I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing: http://kristeninlondon.com

LifetimeWow reviews Lifetime movies and is hilarious: http://lifetimewow.blogspot.com

Claire said...

I read Quinn Cummings' blog and yours to get my funny.

Heather said...

I am sure you are already aware of its existence, but cakewrecks.blogspot.com always makes me smile. I think it has a lot in common with your fascination for truly horrid thanksgiving side dishes plus Jen is very nerdy, funny & cute.

Hoping things get better for you soonish -

paintlady2424 said...

http://www.retailhellunderground.com/ isn't a blog, but I have to chech it out everyday.

rosie-b said...

I don't have a blog suggestion but one of my favorite books is "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. You'll love it.

paintlady2424 said...

http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/ is another great blog

jmm said...

Here's a food blog you may like.

http://www.mytartelette.com/

She is from France and has been making beautiful gluten free desserts lately.

Kirby said...

Candy is hilarious, but doesn't always post frequently. Read about her time away from working at the "Big Giant University" when he got married and moved to AZ (in archives)
http://candyrant.blogspot.com/

She taught English at a community college in AZ and after the "Big Giant University" she didn't enjoy it, so she quit. She worked as a home health care aid for a while. If this doesn't have you rolling on the floor, nothing will - http://candyrant.blogspot.com/2008/02/mrs-fossilfuels-castor-oil-adventure.html

Anonymous said...

I went to check her out , she rules !!
Now I have to read all her past posts.
Happy now!
(g)
Kay Kelly

Kirby said...

Kay - you'll enjoy reading all those posts - look for her honeymoon post - about 2 years ago... her stay in the bed and breakfast is another great tale.

Miss Kitty said...

I hear ya, WL. if it makes you feel any better, I have NO idea who Miss Doxie is, and wouldn't put her link up on E&P even if I did. Your link, however, is on to stay. You are funny as hell.

Hope all the hijinks have settled down for you. The you-know-what has hit the fan at my university (I posted about it yesterday).

*deep sigh*

sha said...

I just finished 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'. I thought it was hilarious. Also, 'Spook' by Mary Roach is an excellent read.

I only read your blog really and follow you and 'shitmydadsays' on the Twitter. You'd might like that Twitter feed though. Justin's dad is a laugh riot.

m said...

crazyauntpurl!

Green said...

You do read Redacted, right? Redacted.blogspot.com is hilarious.

staticwarp said...

you want ufo conspiracy theory? igot some for you right here. her name is sherry shriner and you should try listening to her "radio show" for an hour and count how many times you say "wtf". very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say there is a lot of writing on hyperbole and a half, but I think that girl is hilarious. I am also a fan of Queen Mediocretia. Very different blogs, but both good.

Tesseract-Wheel said...

After I watched a blind-crab eat her own eggs, I took solace in watching "Masonna" the "GOD OF NOISE" on youtube and reading all the comments from post-modern dumdum's and metal-heads gone awry. If that fails, you could always watch "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

QoE said...

I keep her link in my favorites and check it now and again. If you go to the bottom of the cat post and click on the Halloween party picture link, it will take you to her flickr account. It's my passive agressive way of stalking her. She and the boyfriend got married in September and the pics are there. And of course, they got married in a cemetary, which is totally awesome, and something I wish I'd thought of.

Leigh said...

HAAA! Oh, the second we redo the link page, your ass is going up there.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget