Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I'm Not Bakin' These Friggin' Cookies

Again, Cooks.com does not disappoint. Last night I got it in my head that I wanted to make these no-bake cookies that Aunt Janey used to give out every Christmas. I couldn't just call Aunt Janey and ask for the recipe seeing as that she lives on an Elk Ranch in Colorado in the literal middle of nowhere and does not have electicity. I kid you not. She has an outhouse. To communicate one must post an actual letter on a piece of paper, wait for it to get there, wait for her to drive forty miles to the post office to get it, wait for her to get back and reply, wait for her to drive forty miles back to the post office to send the reply and then wait for it to arrive. This could take months. I want cookies now. I took to the Internet. The cookies, which I finally found a similar recipe for, are cooked on the stove and then mixed with oatmeal or corn flakes. They involve Pet milk, Karo, cocoa and peanut butter. They sound a bit trailer park, but they kick ass and they are gluten free if made with the right cereal and oatmeal. I need to have them. I'm getting a salty/ sweet craving that could cause me to hurt someone if I don't get these cookies. While searching for the recipe last night, I found many, many a concoction fit the for Nasty Assed Recipe box. But this one was the best, not for its ingredients (which will make a rock hard cookie, so don't even attempt this recipe no matter how good it sounds) but for the spelling. I couldn't not share this.

NO BAKE FRIG COOKIES
1 (12 oz.) chocolate or butterscotch morsels
1 c. peanut butter
5 c. corn flakes
Melt morsels and peanut butter over low heat. Stir in corn flakes; mix until flakes are well coated. Drop by rounded serving spoons onto a buttered cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator until solid.

Oh and just wait. There is more to come. We might have to set up a Nasty Assed Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange.

6 comments:

MDubs said...

The "Nasty Assed Receipe box" is haaalarious.

a l'ouest said...

recipe exchange? Count me in!!!

I found a really nasty-assed one in the Costco cookbook the other day. It involves sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, and cheese (but no Jell-o, unfortunately).

I am about to blog it (in French)...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the cornflakes, pb and butterscotch cookies are my FAVORITE!!!

We call them Butterscotch wheaties...ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I have a no bake recipe I learned in Home Ec back in the day. I loved it as a kid, but don't know how I would like them now.

I found this on a recipe site, but this is pretty much how we made them:

CHEWIE CHARLIES

2 cups sugar
½ cups cocoa
½ cup milk
¼ lb. butter

½ cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt

13x9x2 in pan – greased

Dump peanut butter, oatmeal, vanilla and pinch of salt in large bowl. Set aside.

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a large saucepan. Stir together and bring to boil for 1 ½ minutes. Pour into bowl of peanut butter, oatmeal, vanilla & salt.

Mix well and drop spoonfuls onto sheets of wax paper. Cool in refrigerator or leave on countertop to cool.

You can be the judge.

Light Pollution said...

Seriously... those cookies are DELICIOUS. give it a shot. it sounds gross but they are heavenly.

Anonymous said...

ok, i am missing the spelling thing?

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget