Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Wedding Update

Do not ask me how, but we are almost finished planning the wedding. We basically put together an entire, formal wedding in under two weeks. What helped was that we just used almost all of the same vendors from my wedding. We just called them all up and told them the date. We didn't have to shop around and do comparisons because we already used them and were pleased with their services. We didn't have to worry about picking a location because the wedding is going to be at the house, which I love because it's just so "Father of the Bride." We aren't going to have swans though.

So far nothing particularly dramatic has occurred. On Saturday we all went to go pick out tuxes for the boys. My mother and I went along because we didn't trust the men to pick out their own outfits and we feared they would look like they just came from a Hot Ghetto Mess Prom. Sometimes boys just don't understand that metallic purple, herring-bone vests don't look very elegant. At the tux rental place, the boys were getting fitted and choosing ties when a bizarre individual burst through the door.

Then man looked dead serious.

"Can I help you?" asked the tux store owner.

"Sir, I was told I could find Mr. Gambino here."

"Excuse me?"

"Gambino."

"Huh?"

"The Gambino Crime Family," the man repeated.

We all just sort of looked around in confusion but my dad, without missing a beat said:

"You just missed him! He's running across the street. I see him!"

The man thanked my dad profusely and went running out of the store and across the street.

I have no explanation for this. I'm guessing the man looking for Mr. Gambino may have been schizophrenic or otherwise delusional.

So far, this is the only odd thing that has happened.

2 comments:

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

That guy is just begging to be killed off by Gambino. How weird.

Jean_Phx said...

Your dad rocks! Dang he thinks on his feet.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget