Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just wanted you all to know how thankful I am for all of you. Thank you for reading my stories. Thank you for your encouraging comments and your inspiring emails. Thank you for sharing your own stories and thank you for being polite, funny and compassionate and for understanding when I can't write as often as I used to being that I have about 15 jobs at the moment. Don't worry - that only lasts for two more weeks and then, after my sister's wedding, I'll write up a storm.

May you and your families have fantastic holidays. Enjoy your meals, your football, your kids, animals and crazy relatives. Good health, good energy, creativity and good laughs to you all. May none of you have to eat something like this:
HAMBURGER DORITO CASSEROLE
2 lbs. hamburger
1 med. bag Dorito chips
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes
Brown hamburger meat and drain. In large casserole dish layer all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or long enough for cheese to melt and warm thoroughly.

12 comments:

Jen & Rob said...

SW - I am thankful for you and your stories and posts. I look forward to them more than you could imagine and am always thrilled when a new WL post shows up in my google reader. Have a wonderful t-day and thank you.

One post, in particular, that has helped me through some rough things in my own life was when you ended with the advice about thinking about what you're doing and if you need to hide it from anyone there is probably good reason why you shouldn't be doing it....at least that is the gist of what I remember - I can't remember the rest of the post!

Jeannie said...

Oh Lord Save Us From Dorito Casserole

Happy Thanksgiving

KirstyS said...

Holy snapping ducks**t Batman! Do people really eat that or are you just making it up to entertain me... or gross me out?

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Green said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! One day we WILL get together, whether on your coast or mine. Then we will both go home and blog about it. :)

So glad you found your necklace!

Sinclair said...

Hello pretty lady,
So here I am, close to Millpond and loving it. Happy Thanksgiving back to you and your family! Enjoy your wedding necklace, colorful mixing bowls and please, please tell us all about the crazy characters who showed up for Thanksgiving this year.

natalie said...

Oh people really eat that. Some families, like mine, actually look forward to and share that recipe! My mother makes this in probably a 10-12 quart casserole and uses 'Cool Ranch Doritos' for it. She also uses Cream of Mushroom instead of cream of celery. Growing up we learned if you just take a tiiiny bit on your plate, smother it with lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa and sour cream it isn't AS bad.

Anonymous said...

I echo the others - I am so thankful to have found your blog. You are wonderfully decent and so utterly human. There have been times that I've been up for a pee at 3am and suddenly visions of peacocks dance in my head ... or weird casseroles ... or your crazy, wonderful family.

I hope your holiday with your eccentric clan was wonderful!

~Maureen~

JoeinVegas said...

mmmmmmmm - that sounds just, um, just, oh well, I hope you enjoyed it.

Is that on the menu for the wedding reception?

Heather said...

I just came across this on etsy.com and knew I had to share it with you:
http://www.etsy.com/storque/handmade-life/the-collectors-my-favourite-dresss-vintage-pyrex-bowls-6214/

See? You're not crazy for buying vintage pyrex, you're utterly hip and fantastic. Well, more so than we previously thought.

Hope your holiday was wonderful -

Whiskeymarie said...

I must be REALLY hungry (I am) or really trashy (ditto), but that casserole (or as we say in MN, "hot dish") sounds not entirely terrible.

Anonymous said...

It's the cream of celery soup that really confuses me.

floridagirl said...

Hate to admit it but with a good case of PMS, that Dorito casserole sounds pretty good!!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget