Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Hate Moving

In case you were wondering, I hate moving. I also hate moving when it's midterm week and when I keep forgetting things with each trip.

I'm glad to be back in my neighborhood though. This morning I was unpacking my car when a gay leather guy walking a blind dog stopped and introduced himself and helped me. He wore a patent fisherman's cap, a leather vest with nothing under it and really tight, black jeans. His ear lobes hung from the weight of fat, gold hoops and both he and the blind dog sported collars.

"HI!! I'M ROD!!!" he announced.

He was the happiest man in the world and of course his name was "Rod," wasn't it? He was so sweet, speaking all in capital letters like that. His blind dog's name was Diva Supreme and she looked to be about 119 in dog years with orange hair missing in large chunks, revealing scaly grey skin. But she was a Diva Supreme in her day I'm sure.

And this is my neighborhood, where at eight in the morning a gay leather guy will stop walking a blind dog to help you get a crock pot out of your Saturn. I love where I live. A lot of the time I say I wish I lived in San Francisco, but with neighbors like this, well, I'm pretty close. Plus we have a better beach.

I haven't seen beak nor feather of those pesky peacocks though.

5 comments:

Jean_Phx said...

I think that it is funny that I kind of cringe when I put in your URL in case you haven't written - and then it's - Yeah! when I see a new post. Peacocks - I forgot about them. Loved the paper over their reflection :-)

MtnMama said...

Don't tell me you WANT to see those peacocks? :)
Being able to use your Saturn to transport your crockpot isn't really "moving", though... unless you're doing it in the middle of the night.

Ambitious Blonde said...

I am so in love with your neighborhood. So, so in love.

Ptiza said...

Might he have been Razor Ramon, a.k.a. Hard Gay? (In this episode, he gets some Japanese kids to eat their carrots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGU8FSwmqgM)

sha said...

I'd suggest getting a second crockpot and leaving at your parent's house, but then you wouldn't meet such interesting people.

You should invite him to Thanksgiving dinner. :-D

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget