Monday, September 21, 2009

Cat's Happy Ending

I realized I should let you know what happened to Cat. The last time I talked to her was about five years or so ago. I looked her up, found an email address and wrote. I was so happy to hear from her. She wrote me back almost immediately. Some time after the whole strip club incident Cat got a job, but I can't remember what it was. I have wracked my brain and can't remember. A few months later we got into a tiff over a boy and she ended up leaving Atlanta. A couple years later she was back in town for a visit, hunted me down and came to see me at work. I saw her one other time after that when she was in town again. We lost touch. So I was thrilled when she wrote me back. I didn't know what to expect. You'll all be thrilled to know that Cat ended up just fine. More than fine.

I don't want to give out too many details, but Cat lives in the Pacific Northwest. She is married and a mommy. She went to school and became a midwife. In addition to that she's a yoga teacher. She lives a peaceful, balanced and creative life and she brings babies into the world. There is no happier ending.

I haven't spoken to her since. She was hugely pregnant when last we wrote and I know after the baby arrived she got extra-busy. Her email address no longer works. I can't find a new one and she isn't on Facebook, so let's just take a moment and send Cat some collective good energy, wherever she is, for doing so well for herself. She deserves it.

6 comments:

Jean_Phx said...

I'm glad that she is well - she probably loved hearing how well you are doing also.

Kitty said...

Yay for Cat, and double yay for becoming a midwife!

Faye said...

She couldn't have had a cooler story end.

kerry said...

Yay!! I'm glad she did well!

Anonymous said...

You took her by the scruff of the neck and literally yanked her into self respect and a better life. So heart warming. You're a good soul.

Reminds me of that book, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" ... you would definitely be one of the people she would meet.

~Maureen~

booda baby said...

THAT was the BEST way to wrap things up, getting us to send out big love. I kind of appreciate that more than the story. Wonderful.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget