"She is not in the least bit fat," reports my mother.
This morning my father called me whispering. I could barely hear him.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"We're having breakfast at this hole in the wall place in Malibu and Sean Penn just walked in!!"
"YES!" my dad whispered.
"Don't take a picture of him or he'll kick your ass," I warned.
Later my mom explained that Sean Penn appeared to be having breakfast with his mom and that he looked like a big dirt bag and was not someone she would ever want to be seen in public with. I understand, but I loved his acting in "Milk." Such a good film.
Also sighted in the past week were Shirley Maclaine leaving a Ralph's grocery store and Lesley Anne Warren who I wouldn't know if she beat me over the head with an expensive purse. At the celebrity wedding my mom had her picture taken with the guy who played Charlotte's husband on Sex & The City. He was also Hurley's imaginary, evil alter ego on Lost and was briefly on 24 and a ton of other stuff. My mom said he was really nice and they talked for a long time about how he survived cancer. I was touched.
That's all for now, but I bet by tomorrow my mom will be drinking cocktails with Russell Brand (I'm reading his memoir right now and it's really funny).
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2014 (39)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- Update and Possible Solution
- Not Such a Good Day
- The Runner, The Walker, The Fetus and The Cross
- Morrison's Cafeteria - A Eulogy
- What Are They Doing to Mommom Millpond's Boob??
- Bulge - Part 2
- The Parent Papparazzi
- Wide Lawns and Tere-Tere Have a Psychic Connection...
- Poopin' At the Ritz
- Living in Muddy Waters' Scary Story
- The Time My Cousin Tried To Kill Me - Happy Birthd...
- My Newly Updated Links
- Tomorrow's story contains these elements. Can yo...
- Cats With Mohawks
- As Promised, Potato Salad Picture
- Kitty Kitty Bang Bang
- Nasty Assed Recipes - Fourth of July Edition
- Acupuncture Update
- Just Humor Me
- My First Job - Part 3
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2008 (212)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink