Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Weather's Great, Wish You Were Here

Wow this has been a busy vacation. When I get home, I'm going to need a vacation from the vacation. So far, I've been gone from morning 'til midnight every day and have eaten a total of three In N Out cheeseburgers, protein style. I think I'm done. I also had Pinkberry once and that wasn't enough. Additionally, I have visited Trader Joe's twice and plan to go again at least three more times before I leave. We also went to Pasadena one day and Disneyland another day and I have a blister the size of a lima bean on my pinky toe. Then I got sunburn. Also, I am defending my thesis on Monday so I'm scrambling last minute to get a bunch of stuff done for that, from California. Lord, I am a gigantic ball of stress. You have no idea. But after Monday it will all be over and I can get back to some serious story writing, which I can't wait for. I miss you guys. This concludes my pictureless post card to the Internet.

19 comments:

Albany Jane said...

Good luck on EVERYTHING! I know how stress can be annoying, but you are going to nail everything.

Jean_Phx said...

It's very exciting! Have a great time with the paper - you won't have any trouble with the defense. Have fun on the rest of your vacation.

Amanda said...

Good luck defending your thesis! I'm sure you will do great and will be thrilled when it is all over :0)

Vic said...

Your defense should be no problem. You are intelligent, articulate, and know your subject matter. Good for you. You deserve this after all of your hard work.

Erica said...

You are defending just a week before my husband, so I totally know your pain on that. Good luck!!

Steve said...

Originally from CA. Visiting CA is much better than living CA.

MtnMama said...

Here's sending you some major good wishes, optimistic thoughts, warm fuzzies, etc.!

I just finished my last lit class, and if I wasn't as sick as a dog, I'd be celebrating. What a weight off!

Good luck!

Maria said...

Glad you're having a good time in my hometown. You must tell us all about your Disneyland trip when you get back! =D

Devi said...

one phrase... "band aid for blisters" the coolest thing ever invented. it saved my hawaiian vacation and my sanity. they are kinda weird looking, but totally worth it. you can walk like a normal person again!!! even in the shoes that caused the little offender in the first place.

kerry said...

Good luck on defending your thesis! You're so smart, I'm sure you'll be great!

I'm with you on loving Trader Joe's. Whole Foods is possibly even better. Possibly. TJs is hard to beat.

Leeenda said...

Good luck on your defense!!!

KT said...

Good luck with the thesis! I'm sure you'll be great :)

Additionally, your list of California things you did/love is making me wish I was there now instead of at the beginning of next month. Bring on the Pinkberry! :D

Anonymous said...

We miss you, have a safe trip home

JoeinVegas said...

You went to Disneyland!

Tencia said...

I live in Pasadena!! Where did you go while you were here?

Anonymous said...

Our weather has been great, hasn't it? I hear D'Land fireworks from my livingroom every night at 9:33. Pinkberry is good, but YogurtLand is better. More flavors! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Anonymous said...

good luck on your defense! It may take a while to sink in afterward, but it's SOOOO worth it.

I farted in yoga today and thought of you!!

K said...

Rock your defense.

Anonymous said...

Safe trip! (my Freudian brain typed 'trick').

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - you'll do fine and the relief you'll feel will be palpable.

~Maureen~

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget