Friday, April 24, 2009

Momentum

Ok, in an effort to get out of my slump, today I am beginning my job search in earnest and applying for a few, important positions that I'd really like to get. I find when I get in a rut I have to take baby steps to get out of it and that each little action I take gives me more and more momentum to get stuff done. For some reason, something as idiotic as upgrading my template gave me a nice little push. After that I finally took the dry cleaning in and it's been sitting around for a month. After that I decided to make a Wide Lawns Facebook page. I didn't do anything with it yet and I didn't make it so you can be a fan yet, but I'm on it, don't worry. In the meantime you can now add me as a friend if you'd like to do that. Someone mentioned that on Facebook, I'd get to see all of you, but you wouldn't get to see me. You're right and in a way that's probably not fair, although I promise you in real life I'm pretty damned average and ordinary anyway. I think this person had a good point though. Often I hate having to be anonymous. It's kind of annoying, honestly. There are a few reasons why I'm anonymous and none of them have to do with attacking anyone (I know there's a lot of discussion about anonymous Internet bullying and I'm definitely never going to do that). I started off writing anonymously so I wouldn't get caught writing at work, which didn't exactly work out as planned. Now I have a new job where it's not even possible to write at work, so that's no longer an issue. I don't want my students to find me. Students are obsessive googlers of their teachers. They look for anything they can use against their teachers and while I think many of them would love my stories, I don't feel it's appropriate for them to read them here. Also, my husband asked me to blog anonymously so I honor his request. So here's the deal. If you add me as a friend on Facebook I will make a concerted effort to let you all into my real life a little more, as much as time constraints allow, because obviously I can't sit on my ass at the computer all day. I will post pictures and things I find interesting for you and I will try to give you a better idea of who I am as a person, if that's even possible. And then I will look at all of your pictures. Just kidding. I won't stalk any of you. If you'd like to be my friend, just search for Wide Lawns.

And now, I'm off to write some cover letters! Woo hoo. Cover letters. I told you I'm exciting didn't I?

11 comments:

Ordinary Housewife said...

God be with you on Facebook. It's a black hole that will suck you in and ruin/enhance your life. I have 213 friends (as of 12:38 pm) and they include people I barely knew in high school, a niece of people I babysat for, a former mayor of a town I lived in, former coworkers, people I partied with in college, and my husband's colleagues. It's what I imagine heaven to be like when you get to the pearly gates (except for a couple of the former coworkers being there).

I look forward to being one of your Facebook friends, so you, too, can say your friends include people you barely know.

Elsa said...

I agree w/ the above comment, once u FB its hard to get off it.....

Mamie said...

I requested to be your friend... how will you decide??? I could beg and grovel and tell you how much I LOOOOOVE your blog-writing (that last one would be genuine!)...

Anonymous said...

You finally let slip a comment about what happened back in the day to the old blog stories and I, for one, am glad. I just wish you would sit down and write the whole story out for those of us who have followed you from the beginning.

MtnMama said...

Yeah... I came on at the "transition," and am very curious. Just getting a link (but not on FB!) to them would be great.

Jeremypope said...

Subservient No More, I've lost your email :~(

Or I would have emailed you this: http://www.fluentself.com/blog/

YOU MUST READ THIS BLOG. I just discovered her today, and she is SO good at articulating what's going on in her head. Funny, witty, kind, and an excellent 'psychologist'. I think you'll get a kick out of Havi.

the Bag Lady said...

So.... how will you recognize those of us who blog anonymously, but are on facebook under our real names?

Oh, wait, I figured it out.... :)

kerry said...

I do the same thing to get momentum! I'll look for you on FB if I can ever get it to load.

gmarievaughn said...

AWESOME. *hops off to find you on FB*

ty-ping said...

I'm on facebook under a false name with false information with no picture up.
Don't feel bad.
Although I did put a picture with me in it up on my blog, but you have to figure out which one is be out of like 7 people.
(Granted, 5 of them are sumo wrestlers, so you've really got a 50/50 chance of guessing which ones me. UNLESS I AM ONE OF THE SUMO GUYS!
Dun dun DUUUUNNNN)

FB is a pain, so don't worry to much about it.

SunSpotBaby said...

Egads - what am I doing wrong? When I search "Wide Lawns" on Facebook, all I get returned to me are people named "Michael/Mike/etc.!!! HELP!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget