Monday, March 30, 2009

Ow, My Finger Hurts

Readers, I apologize for leaving you hanging. Here's the situation...

We finally got our Internet fixed. It was a long ordeal. Someone had to come to our apartment to actually fix it, as the problem was apparently more complicated than originally thought. It's finally fixed and will stop going on and off. It's also now faster, so I don't feel like I'm back in 1995 anymore.

Secondly, and this is probably a bigger hindrance to my writing than anything else - I had finger surgery. And it hurts. Pretty soon I'm hoping it will stop hurting. Typing is not fun. I knew this was going to happen so I made sure I got an lots of other typing done ahead of time, but that all took so long that I didn't get to write more of the story. I know this is cruel. Maybe one of you could sign up to take dictation from me. And ow. This hurts to type right now. Ow.

But because of the finger surgery I will suffer through a brief public service announcement. Stay out of the sun and go to a dermatologist regularly. If you ever see weird looking spots on your body do not second guess yourself and do not listen to all of your relatives who tell you it's really nothing and that you are and have always been a hypochondriac. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. And frost yourself with sunscreen as if you were a birthday cake. If you don't, you will have to get finger surgery and then you won't be able to write stories. Thank you.

Ow.

Ow.

Ok, if this thing stops hurting I'll finish the story later.

13 comments:

Pat said...

From one hypochondriac to another, I hope your finger feels better soon!

It's hard to keep sunscreen on a finger, believe me!

MtnMama said...

My heartfelt condolences. And I'm sure "percolation" will only help the creative process... ;)

foxymoron said...

I sincerely hope you feel better soon, and I'll try not to pout... I *need* my Wide Lawns fix! God knows WHAT will happen to me if I don't get it soon.

Missicat said...

oh no! Sounds painful...hope everything heals soon!

Anonymous said...

As a fellow hypochondriac, I can sympathize! I have left instructions my headstone is to read, `I told you it was more than the sniffles`. So glad you got it looked after before it got to be unmanageable. Hope you're on the mend and look forward to reading more soon. But no pressure...really. I`m sure I can think of something to do up here in Western Canada in the sub-zero temperatures and the 71 inches of snow we have still lying on the ground.
Perhaps they`ll open a Betty Ford Centre for Wide Lawn addiction.

Lisa

JoeinVegas said...

Sun problems on your finger? Who knew it could happen there! Get better.

Andromanche said...

Oh, jeez, ouch. Feel free to take as long as you need--not that you won't be sorely missed. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Actually you can get it on the bottom of your instep on a foot that always is covered and among body parts hasn't been burned during your lifetime. What's important is going and having them check moles and growths. The things I was worried about were dismissed and what I had dismissed was "shaved" off. And shaved means they scooped it out like an M&M shape instead of deeper; but that wasn't what I was thinking after driving myself home 4 1/2 hours later and the anesthetic wore off and my sock was bloody inside my shoe, and my ulcer won't let me take any nsaid pain relievers or alcohol.

Melanie said...

Get well soon!

Laurie said...

Wishing you and your finger a speedy recovery, (and not only because I CAN'T WAIT to read about Tammy!!!)Hope you feel better soon!

Wide Lawns said...

Thanks you all! It has actually stopped hurting now and I can't feel a thing. Just a little dull ache now. No big deal. It's the right pinky so I'm just keeping it daintily up and out of the way. I'm scared to look under the bandage though because it looked horrifying after they did it. But, yet, kinda cool at the same time. In a gross way.

Pat said...

Well, then...you need a girly tea cup to work that pinky.

Green said...

I am so sorry you had to have a finger amputated. I promise not to laugh at you, calling you a nine-fingered gimp.

Call me any time to take dictation; I have professional experience and all that shit.

Hope your stump heals quickly.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

There was an error in this gadget