Thursday, December 11, 2008

Packing

I finally just finished grading. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Then run over by a few kids on bikes. Then beaten by thugs with baseball bats. Then rained on. I'm just unbearably tired and achy. I worry this is my disease acting up again, but I'm trying not to think about that.

After I finished grading I started packing. I'm leaving for Millpond either tonight or tomorrow and of course I'm way over-packing because it's cold up there people! I might freeze to death if I don't take the 17 sweaters that I bought back in 1995 when I lived in Atlanta.

I'm very brave readers. I've actually agreed to drive to Millpond with my parents in their RV. I did this for a few reasons. The first reason was that if I didn't fly I could take far more crap with me. Far more. I could practically take everything I own and that makes me very happy. I like choices when I travel. The second reason was that if I drove with them I just knew I'd have something to write about.

We'll see.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This trip is bound to result in the most outlandish tale ever told.

I can't wait!

Last Minute Lyn said...

yup what anonymous said...I agree wholeheartedly

Hilary said...

Feel better, have a great time and be safe!

Dayna said...

Is Dougie still there travel buddy? What about any other characters you right about? List the people who will be traveling in the RV. It will be the cliffhanger.

Pat said...

I'm happy you are driving, too, because you sound a little run down and over extended right now. As we know, aircraft are germ-ridden places, with stale, infected air, coughing children and their contagious patents who haven't come down with their diseases just yet.

Not only will you arrive with more stories, you'll arrive healthy, as you will get to rest up on the journey.

Happy trails!

kerry said...

Travel safe!

JoeinVegas said...

Hope you have time to write for us while doing your other work. Please?

Michelle said...

Hope you'll have Internet access up there so we can get the play-by-play!

bluelikethesky said...

Lordy...every time I start a term I believe, "Portfolios including multiple revised drafts are the only valid way to evaluate my students' writing. "

And every time I end a term I feel just like you describe. I'm soooo glad I turned down my contract this semester. I miss the money but I don't miss the pain.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget