Saturday, October 04, 2008

Sunflower for Saturday


I've been working on trying to take better pictures lately. I don't have a fancy camera or anything and the one I do have (purchased at Costco, thank you) I hardly know how to use. I'm learning though and I took this photo of a sunflower with it. I was very proud of how it came out. I cropped out the bottom, which was all stem and now I'm really happy with the picture. I really like sunflowers and they remind me of autumn. I wanted to share this picture with you to brighten up your weekend, which, if you are in South Florida, is quite grey and dismal.

6 comments:

sallyacious said...

Thank you for the sunshine in this shot. I love sunflowers too.

My day is also grey and dismal, and I'm a long, looooooong way from South Florida. I'm in North Idaho, which is not only geographically distant, but culturally distant as well. And yet, here we are, "enjoying" the same weather.

Yerba Buena said...

I'm not in South Florida, but it sure made me feel a lot better to see this picture. Thank you.

Jeff said...

These two books:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photography-Book-Scott-Kelby/dp/032147404X

and

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photography-Book-2/dp/0321524764

Will do WONDERS for your photographic skill. Simple, clear, and easy to follow, they are fantastic!

DISCLAIMER- Not the author, nor affiliated with same. Just a satisfied reader and greatly improved photographer.

Enjoy.

JL

drawer queen said...

That is a great picture. Come to Kansas sometime in the late summer and in western Kansas you can see fields of sunflowers going on for miles and miles. (probably other places too, not just Kansas)

Hilary said...

Lovely shot. Sunny flowers are impossible to resist - with the eye or with the camera lens.

Star said...

Is it just me, or does it look like your sunflower has a little face? And the little mouth in the middle is saying, "Oh!"
Great photo!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget