Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scandal Follows Me, I Swear

About a year and a half ago, I had the pleasure of having dinner with Congressman Tim Mahoney at Charlie Palmer's in Washington, DC. We had a lovely evening, talked about all sorts of deep, pressing political issues, including the need for morals, standards, ethics and integrity in politicians. I found Mr. Mahoney to be a pretty nice guy who was very well spoken and the lobster was absolutely fantastic. The next day the Congressman had one of his staffers (not that one!) give Husband and me a tour of the Capitol and tickets to see the House of Representatives in session. It was an incredible and inspiring experience and I am grateful. But really now. Given my track record thus far, doesn't it just freaking figure that the politician I met is now embroiled in a sex scandal? I mean honestly scandal just seems to erupt wherever I go and have been, and the guy won Foley's seat after Foley sent dirty text messages to underage pages! Wouldn't you think that that fact alone would make you able to keep it in your pants? How stupid can you be? How worth it was it for a quick thrill with some skanky looking woman who was obviously trying to set you up? Congressman Mahoney, you disappoint me and I'm glad I don't live in the 16th district. But otherwise, I love this picture. Mostly I like the crazy dude in the background who's interfering with the picture. And now you all know what my hair looks like too. And, thanks again for the nice tour.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't read the text boxes in the photo!!

LinuxGirl said...

If you click on the photo it opens a larger pic and though it's still hard, it's readable.

I seriously think that the way your hair is styled and your outfit (though I can't see your face) you look like Natalie Portman - seriously that was the first thing I thought when I saw that pic!

Love your blog - keep writing!

Wide Lawns said...

Shoot, I think I made it too small.

Wide Lawns said...

Thanks Linuxgirl. Maybe I could be Natalie's much older sister.

Aleta said...

Let us know when you meet your next politician so we know what to expect ~ a scandal. Lol. Funny story and sad reality about our government officials.

Anonymous said...

Love your hair! It's a beautiful color and very shiny.

Wide Lawns said...

Thank you anonymous. I think I got lucky in the hair color department. I like that its reddish brown.

Anonymous said...

do you have a non-infinite Erdos-Bacon number too?

Sinclair said...

Funny and all-around-the-white-box pretty: nice combo!!

Oh and BTW, your website is the fastest, easier to read on an i-phone while I'm killing time at airports. Since it is narrow it fits perfectly on the screen.

Have fun in Millpond and enjoy Red Lobster. What are you chances of running into McPain shake his hand and have a picture taken? I'm just saying!

TK said...

The guy in the background looks like one of those semi-professional crazy camera muggers! You see them in live shots on the news all the time in the background behind the reporter; there's the people who just stand around and watch, and then every now and then a person who moves back and forth across the line of sight, waving their arms and making horrible faces! It's some kind of genetic disease, like people who have to moo at cows when they see them. Years ago I did that once (moo, though with me it's not at all a compulsion) over a PA built into my CB radio to a hillside full of cattle that were lying on their chests calmly chewing their cud, and they all suddenly looked terribly shocked and leaped to their feet, staring wildly around for what they apparently thought was the cattle god coming to take them away! It was hysterical at the time, but I'm almost 20 years older now and wiser and I think it was actually mean.


If you bump into McCain, in the interest of equality you will have to bump into Obama as well!

Do you think maybe scandal is also a genetic thing? From what you've shared about your parents? Or is it more nurture?? ;D

Thanks for the great post!

spookysaint121 said...

Thats called photobombing

sallyacious said...

I have no idea why, but I pictured you with dark blond curly hair. Given your track record, I have a couple of public figures I would like to introduce you to. You know, if you can actually document your scandal abetting abilities, you might be able to generate a nice little second income out of it.

MamaD4 said...

I also pictured you with curly hair, but darker...it must be fascinating to read what your readers were imagining!

Anonymous said...

I pictured her with long dark straight hair. Kinda like a skinny Salma Hyek(?).

booda baby said...

I'm not so sure you're igniting any scandal as much as that you simply got within a couple of feet of a politician. Politician. Scandal. Episodes revealing decay of character. I don't know. I'm pretty sure there's a correlation.

Don't want you slipping into paranoia. :):)

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget