Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropical Storm

We're having some very bad weather right now. I woke up early and it was dark outside and a second ago it began to rain really hard. Now it's thundering too. I don't so much mind this. It's actually kind of cozy. I've always loved these sorts of days where you have to turn the lights on in the daytime. I just don't want the power to go out.

Just in case it does, I took the best steaks out of the freezer Saturday and we grilled them up. They were really good.

We spent all weekend cooking and preparing for the possible storm which is not interesting at all. My husband is an evil man and made two pans of cinnamon rolls. We froze most of them for later indulgence, but I still had more than I needed.

Now it has stopped raining but there is some wild lightning and loud thunder. Canela is hiding under the bed. Oh never mind, now it's pouring again.

As I can't go on like this forever, and as I really should not write without first having had coffee, I shall stop this "Oh it's raining - wait - no it's not - oh it's raining again" and go make a nice iced coffee for myself. I'll come back later and write some more.

8 comments:

Wanderjenn said...

Ah, I miss Florida sometimes. There's something mildly apocalyptic about a Hurricane. Good luck to you. May your water stay clean and your roof untarped.

Anonymous said...

For some reason this post made me laugh, not at you but at the running dialog you have with your readers. It's as if we are a familiar friend you are on the phone with-- makes us feel warm and cozy too. Now if only I could get a bite of that cinnamon roll...

TK said...

Great attitude and thanks for posting and letting us know what's going on and how you are. Fingers are crossed here that you come through whatever Fay decides to maybe literally throw at you just fine, with everything intact and no damage to humans, houses or contents. Palm fronds are not great, but better than cars and trees!

JDogg said...

Ahh, you have a nice Cone of Death™ once again!

kerry said...

Be safe- I have a couple other friends in FL as well as you. Hopefully this will just be some wind and rain and little to no damage.

I smiled when you said your hubby made cinnamon rolls. I haven't had fresh-baked cinnamon rolls in years but it sounds so tempting.

misha said...

i love tropical storms and being on the edge of a low level hurricane and perhaps being in a cat 1, though katrina did knock over my favorite tree in my drive way. i liked storms a bit less when i lived there (in townhouse) b/c i was (OMG) responsible for the stuff that got messed up. now i live in a giant beach front condo and a few palms down - not my problem! I love it. i get the awesome winds and no clean up. but of course am dreading a cat 3 or higher direct hit...

Anonymous said...

You are a riot! I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Dave Barry, watch out!

Corrinne said...

Ah! You said it in this post! I just asked last post how to make good, homemade Iced Coffee. Tell me coffee goddess how you do this?? Mine always tastes like crud when I try. Then again, I also cannot cook to save my life either.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget