Monday, July 28, 2008

Planes Do Not Crash, Girl 34 Survives

On Saturday morning a small commuter jet from Cedar Rapids to Chicago did not crash in perfect flying conditions. All thirty something passengers and two crew members survived the uneventful flight.

Also Saturday morning an American Airlines 767 from Chicago to Miami did not crash either, in spite of some mild turbulence as the plane made its descent over the Everglades. After landing the pilot described the flight as "pretty routine" and "not much to speak of." Everyone on board arrived safely and on time in Miami.

"I'm just so happy to finally be home," says a young woman, 34, who declined to give her name, "I really thought the flights would be a lot worse than they were. I imagined a fiery death for myself at 37,000 feet, but you know, nothing is ever as bad as I imagine it to be."

When asked what she planned to do now that she was safely home, the young woman commented that she was on her way to get some gelato, noting that her favorite flavors were pistachio, coconut and chocolate, and that afterwards she was going to get some rest for a couple days and leave her porch light on all night long on purpose just because she could.

13 comments:

Chris (dippy chick) said...

What can I say? You're so freaking funny.

Glad you made it home in one piece!

Anonymous said...

It's great to be back home, isn't it?

the Bag Lady said...

Glad to hear that girl 34 survived! And that girl 34 was planning on wasting all that electricity!
Gee, but it's great to be back home, home is where I wanna be-e....

Wide Lawns said...

I was just kiddin'. I didn't actually leave the lights on.

Green said...

I can't believe that girl didn't respond, "I'm going to go to Disneyland!"

Hilary said...

Welcome home.. please pass the gelato!

kerry said...

Welcome home!

Emily said...

A pilot friend once explained turbulence to me like this:

The air holds a plane up the same way the road holds up a car. Turbulence are like driving on a road full of potholes. It won't be smooth, but the road isn't going to suddenly stop holding you up.

For some reason, that made me feel a lot better about flying, so I thought I'd share.

Reb said...

But, you knew you could!

Glad you are back safe & sound.

Wicklow Wench said...

Sorry to be a pedant but: 'Plane DOES not crash' (Singular noun)
Loved the posting as always..

Wide Lawns said...

Wicklow, it's plural PlaneS. Plane Does Not Crash, Planes Do Not Crash. There were two of them. I mean, I know I'm from the south and all, but I know how to conjugate my verbs! :)

Green - going to Disneyland would unfortunately involve another flight, which I may actually be taking to see my parents pretty soon. But that would be a Jet Blue flight and have little TVs.

WicklowWench said...

Whoops - you are right. Note to self: Get eyes tested Monday...8-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you apply your knowledge of
willing it to be as good as these
flights the next time you fly.

Safe and sound. Always.

KD

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget