Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Mystery - Solved

Ok, I had to do some detective work here and I now know what was happening to the corn. I went into the Handimart or the Handiquik (I can't remember what it was called) using the excuse of getting water. I asked the guy behind the counter. He was about 16 and had spiky hair.

"What exactly was going on with that corn outside that you had to make a sign?" I asked.

He started sighing and huffing and puffing and rolling his eyes.

"Well, " he started, "Ughhh, it's so stupid, at like two in the morning these drunk ASSHOLES, frat boys, come by and pull it up and beat each other over the head with it."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"No, it's so dumb."

"They beat one another over the head with it?"

"Uh huh, yeah and they have sword fights and stuff with it."

"That is so stupid."

"I know right."

It is. Can you just picture a bunch of drunken frat guys beating one another over the head with uprooted corn?

9 comments:

Daniel said...

It always amazes me that no matter how homophobic most frat types are they are so incredibly homo-erotic...

Maybe we should get someone to make a video about leaving the corn alone a la the Leave Brittney Alone video...

Emily said...

Yes, I can imagine that haha

Robin in Ohio said...

OK...I can't resist. The frat boys must be "Children of the Corn"!! Waaaa, haaaa, haaaaa, haaaaaaa!

kaylee said...

I am from WI,
I would be surprised
if they didn't.
Hope you are having fun.
I lived for 20 year in FL
and an now back in WI home
sweet home.
love your blog.

Emily said...

Wow, that's quite the mental image. Daniel calling it homoerotic just put it over the top for me.

Hilary said...

Sword fights with corn stalks? He should charge them a buck-an-ear. ;)

Anonymous said...

You gotta admit it's funny. I lol'd

MJH said...

I think you should stay up and get a picture of that to post before you come home!

KT said...

Wow, I'm not sure what's sadder -- that they actually do it or that I can see how it might be kind of fun, depending on the blood alcohol level...

But now I totally understand the sign :)

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget