Monday, June 16, 2008

Gratuitous Kittenry

These days it just doesn't feel quite like a real blog without gratuitous kitten shots so here you go, as promised. This is Bella's kitten Pepper looking uncharacteristically pensive. I think a second after I snapped this he sprang at my face, climbed on top of my head, leaped to the bookshelf and somehow ended up wobbling on top of the doorframe. He's cute though with those big ears and the little black nose. I think he's going to be a pointy-faced cat when he grows up. Does anyone else say that? There are some cats that are pointy-faced and some that are round-faced. I tend to favor the round-faced camp myself. Canela is very round-faced. When I went to Israel all the cats there were pointy-faced. In England the cats were all super-extra-round-facers.

11 comments:

Kore said...

I hear you. I think that the pointy-faced cats have Siamese in their background...yeah, I think that I read that somewhere.

Missicat said...

ooohhhh kitten! I needed it today...

I prefer round headed cats...my Bad Cat probably has the roundest head in all of catdom. :-)

sadi said...

I'm more of a round cat girl. Both my kitties have round faces that I love to snorgle!

Holly said...

You mean the key to blogging success is to post kitty pictures?! How come no one told me....

I tend to look at cats' profiles and cat-egorize them that way. ;)

booda baby said...

You can NOT go wrong with a kitty cat picture. Ever. It's one of the hidden blogging by-laws.

That's so funny. On reflection, I realize I'm a pointy-face cat kinda person. They got themselves some diva going on and I always feel properly put in my place. :)

Wide Lawns said...

Oh Holly it totally is the key. Tons of cat pictures. You can not go wrong. I'm not kidding either. I look at blogs and if they've got a kitty picture I'm staying and looking around. Kids not so much. Dogs ehn. Cats, definitely.

Cnut said...

That is a very cute cat.

My cat is round faced in the winter and pointy faced in the summer because she moults most of her face.

Anonymous said...

I think the English kitties are round faced because their top breed is the British Shorthair which looks remarkably like a shaved Persian, or at least some of them do.

I like a snub nosed cat. Not the 'hit-in-the-face-with-a-shovel' look, but round face, small nose.

Mind you, I've never met a cat I didn't love.

~Maureen~

Bella said...

Pepper is doing great but is still into everything. He still will not sit still long enough for me to get a picture of him this good.

Wide Lawns said...

I will have to come and visit again and play cat photographer.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that kitten is gorgeous. I would love to have it! When I saw that little face, it reminded me of another loving girlie cat that sits in upstairs windows for days and makes the strangest noises when you talk to her. :) How I miss her, you and those big windows. Love you!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget