Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm Home!

I have returned safely from my trip, and before I go any further I must heartily thank Marisa of Apartment 2024 for her outstanding Philadelphia recommendations. I was thrilled to find that she reads my blog because I've been reading her site for a couple years now and it has always been one of my favorites. Do yourself a favor and check her out, especially if you like food as much as I do. You will also probably like her sister's music. Thanks to Marisa I ate extraordinarily well in the City of Brotherly Love and will be dreaming about the pork and greens sandwich at DiNics and the gelato at Capogiro for years to come. It is deeply unjust that I can't have this gelato near where I live. And by near where I live I mean actually in my house because it is just that wonderful.

I would like to thank everyone for sending their travel tips. I used as many of them as I could and as a result did manage to see pretty much every major attraction in Philadelphia in one day. Yes, one day. My visit to Philadelphia lasted one day, but I was gone for almost a week galavanting all up and down the East Coast. I have to confess to you that I wasn't on vacation and that this trip was emotionally very difficult for me. I went back to Millpond, my hometown to visit my grandfather and tell him I loved him for what might be the last time. Because I knew how hard that would be I added in the day up in Philadelphia as a special treat, because even in sad times, or perhaps especially in sad times we all need special treats.

While I was away I had many adventures and witnessed all sorts of bizarre behavior coming from my family members which you all will get to hear about for the rest of the week. There's so much to tell that one post just won't do it and I'm still exhausted. It was a hard trip for me, but also beautiful and full of moments that I needed to experience.

In other news my parents have gone back to Los Angeles (WITH BOMBOCLAAT!), stopping halfway through to trade in the old bus and get a new one (do not even ask me) and I got home in the middle of the night last night and proceeded to move back into Casa Dei Sogni.

4 comments:

onthegomom said...

I have to admit, I cannot wait for the stories... I love your stories! :-)

I am glad your back!!

Marisa said...

I am SO happy to hear that you had a good time in Philly and that my suggestions were helpful. Isn't that pork and greens sandwich at DiNic's the best thing in the world? And Capogiro, I could wax poetic about their gelato for hours. I live a block away from their 20th and Sanson location, which is a dangerous thing.

Give me a shout if you come through Philly again sometime, I'll introduce you to the best wild boar burrito you've ever tasted. ;)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit something, too. I googled "Bomboclaat" because it was driving me NUTS wondering why a canine would end up with a handle like that.

Ignorant moi. Imagine my surprise when it actually came up. It's a Jamaican curse, or something annoying. I thought the parents made it up. Really.

I'm Canadian. Explains everything, eh.

~Maureen~

staticwarp said...

i'm still confused as to what "casa dei sogni" means. its good to have you back. i was checking all week for new stories. you really do write some of the most interesting things. i never know if i'm going to laugh my ass off or come close to the edge of tears or be completely disgusted or whatever else when i come here. its really quite amazing...

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget