Tuesday, April 29, 2008
7:26 PM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
Yes Readers, we've made it to the main course. And this is it. Chicken from the soup (that means chicken boiled for 17 hours straight) and Flanken, which is pronounced "Flonken" and is not good. Not even a little bit good. It is, in fact, completely nauseating and no one except my grandparents likes it. Can you see why? But I eat it anyway and if you don't look at it, the chicken is at least tender (disintegratingly so) and it tastes like the soup, which isn't terrible, although it certainly isn't a pizza. I thought a lot about pizza during Passover. Also in case you have ever wondered about my mother - here you can see her hand modeling the boiled meat. She has lovely red nails doesn't she?
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- Philadelphia, I Am Going There
- Oh I Almost Forgot - The Green Eggs and Matzo Beca...
- Oh Yeah Baby - Stewed Prunes for Dessert Here I Co...
- Yes Readers, we've made it to the main course. And...
- This is Our Table Setting
- Gefilte Fish
- The Best Part of the Meal
- Fish Jello: The Evidence
- Best of Widelawns - Leg of Wheel
- Still Passing - The First Night
- For More on Passover...
- Why This Night Is Different From All Other Nights
- Only in My Neighborhood
- My Professor Would Be Proud
- Conservative is a Big Word
- A Very Scary Spider, but Happy
- Before I Go Any Further - Violent Acres Charity Ch...
- One of Those All Over the Place Catch up Posts I H...
- ▼ April (18)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink