Tuesday, April 08, 2008
3:27 PM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
I took this picture last week. This spider set up shop outside of my apartment building and I thought I might photograph it in order to show you how very scary some of our Florida bugs are. As if spiders aren't scary enough on their own, this one has sharp red spikes coming out of its back to make it even more terrifying and threatening. Then when I put the picture in the computer and looked at it all enlarged and up close, I noticed the spider has kind of a smiley face pattern on its armored back, and it was even kind of cute in a way. But still very scary.
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- Philadelphia, I Am Going There
- Oh I Almost Forgot - The Green Eggs and Matzo Beca...
- Oh Yeah Baby - Stewed Prunes for Dessert Here I Co...
- Yes Readers, we've made it to the main course. And...
- This is Our Table Setting
- Gefilte Fish
- The Best Part of the Meal
- Fish Jello: The Evidence
- Best of Widelawns - Leg of Wheel
- Still Passing - The First Night
- For More on Passover...
- Why This Night Is Different From All Other Nights
- Only in My Neighborhood
- My Professor Would Be Proud
- Conservative is a Big Word
- A Very Scary Spider, but Happy
- Before I Go Any Further - Violent Acres Charity Ch...
- One of Those All Over the Place Catch up Posts I H...
- ▼ April (18)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink