Monday, March 03, 2008

How My Week Should Have Gone

1. My car would not have gotten broken into and important stuff, plus just stuff I liked would not have gotten stolen.
2. I would not have had to close my bank account and open a whole new one and then deal with all the issues that go along with that.
3. I would not have had a paper, a presentation and a project all due within the same two days.
4. I would be better organized so that having all this happen at once would not send me into an anxiety attack. Perhaps I'm being too hard on myself. I suspect this all would have sent anyone into an anxiety attack.
5. More crazy people would not have shown up at my parents' house and proceeded to get drunk and naked.
6. My long planned and long awaited vacation to Millpond to visit my family would not have gotten canceled THE DAY OF THE TRIP leaving me with ten days full of not much to do.
7. I would still have health insurance.
8. My bronchitis would have healed nicely a long time ago. Or asthma or whatever it is. Everyone has a different opinion.
9. I would not have wished to disown every single person related to me and to go live alone in the Everglades in a shack where I would not bathe and where I would live off of alligator meat which I killed with my bare hands.
10. I would not have gotten a rejection letter.
11. My long lost half sister whom I have never met as an adult would want a genuine relationship with me and not be asking me for money.

Yes, it was a bad week. I had to step away from the computer. So great was my ire that I knew if I were to write anything it would be nothing but ranting vitriol. I was so angry that I could have been a guest commenter on some Fox News show and really I'm more of an MSNBC girl, though that is due in part to my passionate crush on Dan Abrams who I hope isn't gay, although I suspect he may be.

I decided to make the best of a bad situation and so I decided to go on vacation anyway, except I am on vacation at home. I figure millions of people come to where I live on vacation and are actually really excited about it and love coming here, so for the rest of this week I'm going to act just like one of them. I am going to do all the things that people do while they're on vacation and I'm going to cook and relax and write and read what I want and I'm going to heal and not curse my family.

Oh also, my sister is going to Malaysia tomorrow with Rusty Brad (new reader and commenter) and Aunt Kiki showed up for five days. More later.

12 comments:

Heather said...

What a craptacluar week! If I were you I'd have a girlie movie marathon with frozen pizza, ice cream and red wine. Green facial masks optional. May next week get better for you -

Eric said...

Y'know, some of my favorite vacations are where I stay home. Read Lots do some scratching in the soil. Maybe win WW II on my computer for hours at a time.
Enjoy the time

the Bag Lady said...

Well, you could always go visit the Bag Lady's aunt and uncle in Ft. Lauderdale, seein' as the Bag Lady will never be able to afford to do it! (you could impersonate her - they haven't seen her for so long, they probably wouldn't know the difference...)
Of course, you have enough craziness in your life, you don't really need THAT experience...
Hope things get better for you!

Anonymous said...

I've been a silent reader for a few months. Love your blog. Your life makes mine seem so bland and antiseptic.Had to comment now because I'm from Malaysia and I wanna go with your sister . Havent been back in a long time. Do post about her trip too ( if she doesn’t mind). Have a wonderful vacation yourself and thanks for making me chuckle with your writing

Sinclair said...

If you run out of things to do, pack your hubby and canela (sorry Bomboclaat I gag with bad smells) and come to the Northeast mountains. We've had great snow the past two weekends and there are 2 ski areas just minutes away.

Hilary said...

I'm feeling anxious just reading about it. I'm sorry your week was so miserable, and I hope that you get back on track starting.. right.. now!

misha said...

Shitty week... On the up note, just a few hours ago I decided I was going to vacation in South Beach for a few days...maybe stay at a friend's place. I live maybe 40 blocks north :)

gulfsidebo said...

Banana pancakes?

JoeInVegas said...

OH - yes, go lay on the beach and pretend you are a tourist. But please do without the sunburn. We've lived in tourist destinations for a while and find that we don't do the stuff people play lots of money for, and we live here! Yes, be a tourist for a week.

nandy said...

Ah, gee. "How My Week Should Have Gone" nandy-style:

1) I would not have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

'Nuf said.

Reb said...

It can be fun to play tourist in your own home town. Sorry you had such a crappy week though.

Wide Lawns said...

Nandy I'm so sorry. I feel like a terrible asshole now for even complaining about anything. I wish I had a way to write you and I hope you see this comment back to you. Good luck.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget