Monday, January 07, 2008

A Sty, Not for Pigs

Today was the first day of school. I have a sty on my eye. It hurts. I will write you a story tomorrow. My eye still hurts. My eye is red. Let me wait a second. ... It still hurts. Please don't send me elaborate homeopathic sty remedies. I prefer to pick at it with dirty fingers that have touched stair railings at a filthy public university all day, until my eye no longer has a sty, but instead has a gaping, bleeding hole that will fill with pus so I can pick that too. Eventually I will probably blind myself. My eye still hurts. I think I will go listen to TV because although I had wanted to write a story, partly about how I was called at least 17 different names that were not my actual name today because no one on the planet can seem to remember my name for some reason, and how someone in the grocery store thought I was Jenna, my eye hurts when I look at the computer.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry about that sty. But hey, at least it's only in one eye.For now.

reivenwolf said...

the best way to get rid of a sty really fast is to pick at it with an old rusty safety pin- but hold a burning match on it for a few seconds to sterilize it. My grandma swears by it!

chasmyn said...

't send you any homeopathic remedies because I don't know any, but when I was young and used to get stys (for some reason frequently), we always put a hot compress on them. Read: washcloth run under hot water. As hot as you can stand it. IT was actually a relief and did something to the sty to make it go away faster.

Incidentally, I haven't forgotten your Lazure tutorial, I've just been all holiday busy up in here. It will be done, eventually!

Mrs. Qball said...

feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ow. I'm sorry. That sounds beyond sucky to have to deal with. Hope your eye is better soon.

Caroline said...

My son had one too when he was about 4 years old. It was nearly as big as his eyeball. He got a lot of funny looks.
What worked was taking a very long hot bath - all that hot steam will open up the pore and with a gentle press, all the pus will come out.

Subservient No More said...

Miraculously I picked the sty and this morning I woke up and it was gone!!!

truefarmgirl said...

My grandma always said you get a sty in your eye from peeing in the spring. (we all used to get our drinking water from springs.) Shame on you. :-)

Glad it's gone!!

reivenwolf said...

girl, I got tired of waiting on you and am now cheating on you with Crystal "crotch dust," thanks for leading me to her. I laughed so hard I cried!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

hey,
Great blog title. We don't even have lawns where I live--just pastures.
Hope your days are better~

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget