Friday, January 18, 2008

Read This NOW Dammit

I'm writing you a story, two stories even, plus my cousin Fallon is coming down for the weekend for her birthday and in lieu of birthday cake has requested a pretzel salad, which you may recall from my Thanksgiving post about nasty-assed recipes that my family likes. Because I love her I am going to consider making the pretzel salad, but I can't promise anything.

While I mull over the implications of combining Jell-O with pretzels, you have honestly got to read this. I'm not playing around, this is one of the funniest blogs I have ever read in my entire life. I learned about it from my friend Bo, who I used to link to until he got contrary and deleted his blog. Bo is my friend from high school who used to drive me to school everyday and get Pizza Hut with me on the weekends and he is one of the best people I have ever known, but I digress as usual. 15 Minute Lunch is flippin' hilarious and if you don't read it I will say mean things about you behind your backs. I've read some mildly funny things on this here Internet, but rarely, rarely do I find something that makes me need to pee immediately. This guy, whoever he is, made me run to the bathroom and the whole time I was in the bathroom I was still laughing. It was the post about his childhood drawings that had me, but the one about the cat's ass was equally hilarious because just a few months ago I had this same issue and got into a long debate with my mom regarding anal glands.

I'm trying to read more and varied blogs and I try to comment on as many of your blogs as I can as often as I can. You may recall my resolution to link more, well here ya go. I'm linkin'. Leave me more suggestions of funny blogs I may not have heard of in the comments section - and no one famous. I'm sick of the same damned names showing up everywhere. I want some new surprises.

14 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

http://www.pastaqueen.com/

funniest blog EVER. best stuff is back in the archives. check it out now, thank me later.

although, I guess she's kinda famous but maybe you haven't heard of her before.

also, I'm kinda funny sometimes. except my last post is not. it's about almost getting raped. but you can just skip that one.

Johnny Virgil said...

thanks for the link!

Manda said...

thepioneerwoman.com always makes me laugh, probably half the country too. Boobs, injuries and Dr. Pepper of course, Trauma Queen out of the UK is very funny too.

Anonymous said...

Laughed out loud at my desk funny!

Wide Lawns said...

The pioneer woman is WAY too famous and not that funny to me. Just a lot of pictures. Nice graphics on her site though and I tried one of her recipes and it was really good. Also she's on my list for not emailing me back.

Johnny, I am so honored I might pee myself again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me aware of "15 Minute Lunch." I love it as much as your stuff, how could two people have so much imagination is beyond wonder.

anom. reader

rosie-b said...

Stichymcyarnpants.com is pretty good. Very weird retro-crafty stuff. . .

saintseester said...

OMG! you are not kidding. I am laughing so hard there are real tears dripping into my lap! I hurt... I hurt...

basteine said...

15 minute lunch is very funny added a link to my site thanks for taking the time to read my blog

Rabrab said...

try Velcrometer, if you haven't already.

http://www.velcrometer.blogspot.com/

wildwestcats said...

PostSecret - updated every Sunday http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Disapproving Rabbits - http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/ (I'm totally a cat person and god knows the cats give out enough disapproval on their own but my day just isn't complete without some bunny disapproval)

misha said...

www.mihow.com and www.dailycoyote.blogspot.com are both great.

Mihow's archives are awesome.

Amblus said...

Here are some favorites:

http://www.elizaskinner.net/
http://streaksonthechina.blogspot.com
http://freshhell.wordpress.com

And there's me:

http://amblus-amblus.blogspot.com

Crabby McSlacker said...

I loved 15 minute lunch, thanks for the link!

Is bossy of Iambossy.com already famous? I never know how big a blog is. Anyway, I often find her amusing, although she's very picture-heavy, which may not be your thing. I like it because my tiny little brain sometimes likes a break from words words words all day.

Of course, the sure-fire way to make sure a normally funny blogger puts up a so-so post is to recommend them publicly, so with any of these it's probably good to check the archives.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

Followers

Share it