Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Told You Fruit Plates Were Wonderful

See! Isn't this beautiful, inspiring and appetizing? Doesn't this make you want to eat better already? It seriously took me all of 5 minutes to put together. I didn't even resize it just so you could see the yumminess up close if you click on the photo. If you're interested, the little green things are our native Key Limes. I'm not sure if you can get them other places or not, but these actually come from Mexico. I heard that the real Key Lime groves were decimated by a blight or a hurricane or something so there is no longer a commercial Key Lime industry in the Florida Keys.

5 comments:

amy said...

NOW I know what I have been craving all evening. Not truffles. Raspberries.

misha said...

f the key lime thing is true, that is so sad. I am mad at my parents for cutting one down b/c they didnt like where it was. They didnt know they could move it though. But I know someone who can move Gigantic trees...wow tangent.
nice fruit :)

the Bag Lady said...

Looks fabulous! The Bag Lady is jealous, because she can't get fruit like that here at this time of the year. But in the summer, she grows her own strawberries, and has wild raspberries and blueberries close by (although not at the same time). She also picks wild cranberries and hazelnuts when they are in season. And always keeps an eye out for bears...

shelbird (bo's wife) said...

and a big hellooooo to strawberry season!

if you want your own key lime tree it's supposed to produce well w/in 2 years-- one of our easier citrus tree 'pets.'

i'm planning to do a unit on GM foods w/my comp1 students this term-- a colleague developed the unit and it sounds great.

Green said...

I will be at your house for some strawberries in 15 minutes. Those look amazing.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget