Thursday, December 20, 2007

This Was My Favorite Boat From the Boat Parade

It was really pretty in real life and you might not be able to tell here, but it was actually on a sailboat and was entirely covered in lights. I bet it would have been neat to get to ride on it. SJ proposed that next year instead of having a party that all the poets get together and make our own boat to enter in the boat parade and while she may have been joking, I think it's a good idea and I have resolved to do exactly that. I think I can't go through life without having been in a parade at least once, especially a boat parade.

4 comments:

SJ said...

SJ was totally serious! She only proposes extravagant projects that, if anyone else showed half an elbow muscle's worth of inclination of pursuing as doggedly as she would, she would seriously hop on board with.

That is also why we are going to have a marathon reading of James Joyce's Ulysses this semester.

Eric said...

Being a Sea Town with a multitude of lakes there are a lot of boats and a Christmas boat Parade here is Seattle too. In our neighborhood they come down to a little cove on Lake Washington down at the bottom of the hill we live on.
They came by last night. During a cold windy downpour. All we heard was the amplified Xmas music when the wind was right.
Merry Christmas SNM
Eric

Barb McMahon said...

"Being In a Parade" definitely belongs on your life list.

I've been in a few - used to be in a marching band. And I always envied the people on the floats. They got to wave.

Anonymous said...

I loved this one too, but my fav was the one with the soldiers that fell down when the cannon was fired!...Jan

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget