Thursday, December 20, 2007
10:16 AM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
The point of posting this picture is decidedly not to show you my vacation photos, because honestly who cares about seeing the boring vacation photos of a total stranger? I mean, I probably would but I am nosy and voyeuristic that way, but I don't expect you to. I went to Disney's Animal Kingdom the other day because as you know I love me some animals and I've always wanted to go on safari except I would never fly all that way to Africa because I hate long flights and I would never want to go somewhere where everything can potentially kill you and where everything gives you dysentary. I took this lovely picture with the intention of photographing a beautiful landscape with animals in it that I could use as my desktop wallpaper. When I got the picture home and looked at it in real size I noticed that in my attempt to take this lovely pastoral scene, I had inadvertently captured a zebra magnificently mid-poo. His tail is up and you can easily see the poo on its way to the ground. Click on the picture and zoom in if you must. I didn't resize it specifically so you too could enjoy the results of my sad and feeble attempt to take a nice, tasteful photograph. Then as luck would have it, on the very day, at the very moment that I decided to set foot in this amusement park, there was a small and mysterious ruckus occurring. Later we learned that This had happened. Someone died on a ride while I was there. Of course because of the scary, manufactured perfectness that is Disney, no one ever would have known while actually at the park. They were frighteningly efficient at covering everything up and maintaining the air of perfectitude (I am convinced that they train Disney employees in North Korea). I was taking pictures of the very ride where the person was dead, right as the person died and a police man came up to me, calling me "Princess" and herded me ever so gently away from the area. At the time I didn't get why and his gentleness was such that I didn't even realize I was being guided away, but now I know it was because he didn't want me to get a picture of a body being carried off a roller coaster. And I was thinking, man that really sucks. Imagine going to Disney for Christmas and having your relative die on a ride. That's awful. I feel really sorry for that family.
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- ► 2008 (212)
- Evil Princess Cuts Obnoxious Tourists
- Holiday On Sand
- A Different Kind of Christmas Tree
- Merry Christmas From Los Angeles
- I Visit Africa, But The One Without Warlords and M...
- Everyone's Favorite Cup
- This Was My Favorite Boat From the Boat Parade
- Behave Yourselves and Look at Some Pictures While ...
- Greetings From Val-You Vac-YAY-tion
- I Want to Light My Whole Head On Fire With This
- Christmas Hoopla? Are You Sure?
- I just wanted to share a few things with you this ...
- Mommom Wears Airwalks?
- Can Someone Tell Me How to Turn This Thing Off?
- The Central Location of the Freak Magnet
- Mommom Jewel Kicks Ass Again, Without Aunt Janey T...
- Paula's Beauty Parlor
- The Fishing Pier Decorated
- Not So Lovely
- The Day of No Consequences
- ▼ December (20)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink