Thursday, December 06, 2007
4:05 PM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
I've been taking a lot of pictures lately and I wanted to do a series of photos about Christmas in South Florida for you since it is a very unique celebration that you don't get to see elsewhere in the world. First in the series we have the fishing pier on The Island that I talk about all the time. They've got it all done up in fake poinsettias and lights with a small Santa tacked onto the door. Luckily the pier is already red and festive. I love the pier. This is just the entrance. If you go in that door there's a restaurant, more of a porch really where you can get breakfast with a sea breeze. Later in the day they'll make you a grilled cheese or a fish sandwich and they serve everything on paper plates. Continue past the restaurant and you pass through the bait shop where they have live tanks of crawly things that fish like as well as pictures of sharks people have caught from the pier that'll make you never want to swim in the ocean again. You have to pay a dollar to go out onto the actual pier but it's worth it because it stretches past where the waves break and you get a really pretty view back in on The Island or far out towards the horizon. The water is usually so clear that no matter how deep it is you can look down from the tall pilings and see the fish swimming beneath you. If you are really lucky you might see a sea turtle. Maybe in a few days I'll go out on the pier and take some more pictures for you.
Labels: Christmas in South Florida
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- ► 2008 (212)
- Evil Princess Cuts Obnoxious Tourists
- Holiday On Sand
- A Different Kind of Christmas Tree
- Merry Christmas From Los Angeles
- I Visit Africa, But The One Without Warlords and M...
- Everyone's Favorite Cup
- This Was My Favorite Boat From the Boat Parade
- Behave Yourselves and Look at Some Pictures While ...
- Greetings From Val-You Vac-YAY-tion
- I Want to Light My Whole Head On Fire With This
- Christmas Hoopla? Are You Sure?
- I just wanted to share a few things with you this ...
- Mommom Wears Airwalks?
- Can Someone Tell Me How to Turn This Thing Off?
- The Central Location of the Freak Magnet
- Mommom Jewel Kicks Ass Again, Without Aunt Janey T...
- Paula's Beauty Parlor
- The Fishing Pier Decorated
- Not So Lovely
- The Day of No Consequences
- ▼ December (20)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink