Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Pumpkin Pie Martini

A lot of people (like 5, but that's a lot for me since I'm not one of those famous bloggers) asked me for the recipe for my sister's Pumpkin Pie Martini, so this morning we were on the phone complaining about how good Chex Mix was and trying to convince one another that we were virtuous enough to actually enjoy steamed shrimp and vegetables on brown rice with no sauce, I asked her for the recipe. She gave me the ingredients, but says she doesn't measure and it doesn't seem like something that needs measuring to me anyway.

My Sister's Pumpkin Pie Martini Sort of Recipe

First dip the rim of a martini glass in graham cracker crumbs.

Vanilla Vodka
Liquor 43 (she says this is key and it isn't good without it)
cinnamon schnapps
I suppose you could add some pumpkin schnapps too although she doesn't because we tragically discovered that it tastes exactly like a Yankee candle.
cream
canned pumpkin pie mix (its the puree with the spices already in it kind) probably a few spoonfuls.

Shake it all up and pour in a martini glass. She then decorates the top of it with cinnamon sprinkled in the shape of a triangle and whipped cream in a line along the back of the triangle to look like pie crust (get it? you make it look like a slice of pie is floating on top of the liquid). Oh jeez, I'll try to get a picture of one. I should have taken a picture last Saturday night but I drank it.

Then, if you are Aunt Kiki you use it to wash down a few Vicodin.

I'm off to brave the grocery store, but when I get back and when I get a few pies safely in the oven, I promise you the fun will begin, as I write about my favorite subject - Nasty-Assed Recipes.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like a much more fun Thanksgiving than my family's. I'm looking forward to an assortment of cold medications and suctioning the baby's nose every few hours, poor thing. Please please please tell me your promised post on scary recipes includes the green beans with canned fried onions on them. This is a mystery to me, but it's a traditional thing with my in-laws.

Miriam said...

THANK YOU! I cannot wait to try this. I might even forgo real pumpkin pie just for this!


http://lspoon.wordpress.com

A Margarita said...

Sounds yummy! I want.

ct said...

im a lurker i never comment, but i love your stories and think you probably have more fans than you know. looking forward to your next post and wishing you a happy thanksgiving.

Hilary said...

That sounds almost as good as a chocolate raspberry martini..

Little Miss Domestica said...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for the martini recipe! I'm in Canada and we had Thanksgiving already, but this sounds like a great fall cocktail. Much love to you and yours this weekend.

Anonymous said...

you are the most wonderful thing on the internet. it *always* makes my day when you post. the happiest of thanksgivings to you and yours... and you are one of things for which i am truly grateful. big virtual hugs, sunny

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget