Saturday, November 24, 2007

All Those Casseroles I Told You About


As you can see, we had a very brown, very disposable pan Thanksgiving. There were a lot of croutons and cracker crumbs decorating souped-up vegetables. Left to right, bottom to top we have: pumpkin bread, stuffing/ dressing (eel-free), pine-appa casserole which my dad attempted to rename Pineapple Bread Pudding, sweet potato casserole, cauliflower casserole, squash casserole, ham and turkey. We had a separate table for cold "salads". I think you can barely make out Aunt Kiki's husband in the background.

5 comments:

Subservient No More said...

Actually I take that back, whoever it is has boobs. Maybe it's a cousin. I can't tell.

Deb said...

Honestly, a splash of color wouldn't hurt here. I'm thinking a Strawberry Pretzel Salad... ;~)

Both of my daughters pointed out to me that the only thing missing on our table Thanksgiving Day was a pineapple casserole, but the last time I made one of those I ended up eating most of it myself and that was not a good thing.

grouchosuave said...

Ham AND turkey. Now we're talkin'!!

As for color, they could have butchered a pig right there for the ham and left the tarp as a tablecloth.
Oh, to see the resulting expressions on the faces of the rabbi and Star's 'enviro-tard' boyfriend!

Amy said...

Dude, that's hilarious and very closely resembles the Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's house. Although, squash casserole is one of my deepest, darkest, shameful pleasures.

Whiskeymarie said...

Are you sure you aren't from MN? I thought we had the market cornered on the whole hot dish/casserole thing.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget