Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me!!!!!!

With only like 2 more days left of Hurricane Season, and one in which NOTHING happened at all, now we get this??? Are you serious weather people??? A Cone of Death this late in the year? Are you sure or were you all just really disappointed that we didn't have any hurricanes and then California went and caught on fire and all and had to steal all the attention away from what rightfully should have been our natural disaster? Well, I kinda get it. It's a Cone of Death. Death, Halloween, Scary Week. Ok. If I see one person, just one person, buying a case of bottled water I swear to God I'm going to knock them upside their head with it.

Wide Lawns Birthday Charity Challenge Update: We are doing really, really well, but we're still in third place. Thank you again to everyone who has donated and linked. We only have until tomorrow night so donate now before you get distracted by all those dang kids knocking on your door wanting all your candy. Also to the person who requested I add Leveled Readers for Little Hands, I did it, so pay up! Thanks for letting me know about that one. Click HERE for the charity challenge. We're almost up to $1100 and I have to be in second place or I will not be able to function properly all day and I might accidentally eat mayonaise or pet an iguana or something.

5 comments:

NicoleinAZ said...

You forgot to add that if you don't reach 2nd place you'll end up "Dead in a ditch somewhere". Maybe that is why you slipped to third!

A Margarita said...

Oh No! That's surprising. I don't think I've ever seen a hurricane this late in the season. I hated how the news forecasters get everyone in a tizzy for what usually happens to be a mild thunderstorm. My family and I stopped preparing for anything less than a solid category 3.

Anonymous said...

OK! Leveled readers checking in...I fully funded that project. I don't know when it will show on your total. We readers have got to look out for the future readers of America!

Subservient No More said...

YAY!!! Thank you Level Supporter! I could give you a big giant hug right now!!

a guy said...

Dear SNM

I believe hurricane season goes until the end of November rather than the beginning.

Take joy that you have another 30 days of opportunity for hurricane hysteria.

Here in DC we get snowstorm hysteria where people clear the stores of any hint of milk, bread and toilet paper. Not so much on the bottled water but I've seen people so desparate to buy supplies that they even clear the shelves of tomato paste...how much tomato paste can one possibly need during 2 or 3 days of snow-induced cabin fever?

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget