Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday Midnight

In my real life I have deadlines for writing things that are very long and involved. Some of these things I actually get paid for. Others I get graded on. Many of these things involve research. I am very tired so I am writing short choppy sentences. Because I have to write and research and such and have deadlines to meet, I have been unable to write you all a story, but I swear I really wanted to, and it's the thought that counts, right? I mean, I KNOW what I'm going to write for you when I get my work done. Several times I've been very tempted to start writing you all a story, but then my inner editor kicked in and screamed at me and banged an imaginary yard stick on my desk and forced me to drink coffee and read theories of pedagogy, which let me tell you, is a pretty good punishment. If you really want to get someone back, say if your husband cheats on you, or your sister steals your credit card and goes hog wild with it at the Walgreen's liquor store, all you have to do is sit them down and force them to read this stuff. I'd start with Paolo Freire. In the original Portuguese. Stick toothpicks in their eyelids in a do it yourself version of Clockwork Orange.

So add all this real work, which makes me feel like such a grown-up by the way, to the fact that my parents returned unexpectedly. That meant I had to pack all my shit back up again and go back to my apartment where I totally rained on the parade of 1500 milipedes who had been squatting here in my absence. When I walked in they were having a drum circle. Imagine for a moment a drum circle in which all of the participants have a thousand hands. It wasn't cute. The milipedes had also eaten all of my food, slept in my bed without making it up again or changing the sheets, and they had apparently thrown several wild parties where I think they had sex orgies that resulted in the births of an entire new generation of milipedes, while the old generation died off, curled up on my bamboo flooring. Where in the name of the Good Lord above, are all these milipedes coming from?? Can someone please tell me?

My parents are going to be home for two weeks or so to pack and take care of matters here before they return to their new apartment with a bar in it, in Los Angeles. They are going to pack up their RV and drive it to California, which honestly could be the screenplay for a great slapstick comedy right there. I can only imagine those two driving across country. They did it once when they were in their early twenties and decided to go on tour with a Southern Rock band.

The big news is that Bomboclaat is moving to California after all, and I have to admit, I was a little sad. I actually miss our late night walks. Canela will miss her friend. When I move permanently into Casa dei Sogni I may have to get her a new little friend of some sort.

So anyway, I'm delerious so I'm rambling. When I get done my work, which should be soon, hopefully, I have many more stories ready to be written. Just bear with me. I love bears.

I need coffee.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and me both, sister. You and me both...........

bssc23public said...

We are happy to bear with you, just don't send us any millipedes.

Anonymous said...

I knew down deep you loved that dog. He's so cute. Can't wait for your next installment.

MP said...

The millipead thing is really gross..just in case you didn't realize that.
I sure hope your mom gives you the play by play..if they take the mid route and get up to Missouri please have them stop by, I'd love to take them to dinner. I'd blog about it for sure :-)

SJ said...

So I totally got this image in my mind of millipedes having a literal drum circle and it made me giggle. Think of it this way, a good opportunity to kick out the millipedes and give your home a proper farewell.

BTW I knew you loved that smelly dog. Can I recommend going to the shelter and finding an equally unique little dog to befriend your cat? We used to get some of the funniest little characters in the animal hospital that people got from shelters. It takes a special person like you to recognize the beauty in such unique traits :)

Whiskeymarie said...

This is why I can't live any further south than I do- all the bugs. I would need xanax just to open the door at home.
You are a stronger woman than I...

Sauntering Soul said...

There was a night back when I was married when I had just gotten in bed. All of a sudden, I felt something kind of fall on my pillow right next to my head. I, of course, screamed and jumped out of the bed faster than I have ever moved in my life. My ex jumped up too not knowing what was wrong. I turned the light on and saw a millipede crawling across my pillow. Ewwwwww!!!! Luckily he was all alone and there were no drum circles going on.

I am already looking forward to reading about any stories your parents share with you about their trip.

SunSpotBaby said...

Re: the millipedes - your only solution is to learn to love them. I used to have a pathological fear of bats (for no known reason). So, I researched them and read about them (no easy task!) and by the time I learned everything I could about them, I was no longer fearful of them, in fact, I have a great respect for them. I'll have to admit, tho, that I don't exactly "love" them.....

First Nations said...

theories of pedagogy?

sh*t, i HOPE they pay you!

Pumpkin said...

Gak! Millipedes.....bigger Gak!!!!!!
*Has an all over shudder at mere thought of millipedes*

Gak!
x

Leonesse said...

Second star to the right and straight on til morning!

We will be waiting!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget