Saturday, August 25, 2007
1:17 PM | Posted by Wide Lawns | | Edit Post
I got a great picture of the boss man peacock that runs my neighborhood. We have a flock of rogue, wild peacocks that run around this area terrorizing cats and raising hell wherever they go with all their hollering. Peacocks are definitely the Rich White People of the bird world. They're ostentatious, pushy and make an ungodly amount of noise. They also go wherever they please with no regard to anyone else. Many mornings I've found them sitting on top of my car and they seem very offended when I shoo them away. But overall, I love living in a place with peacocks and I don't mind all their noise. It makes me feel like I live on the grounds of the Taj Mahal or something and after several years in this place, I still get excited when I see their iridescent teal and electric blue plumage. I also love how in Spanish the word for peacock is Pavo Real. It translates literally to Royal Turkey, which, for some reason, I find very funny.
- Wide Lawns
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (134)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (182)
- ► 2008 (212)
- Introducing...The Lovely Velva Haux
- The Ghetto Superstar Awards 2007
- A Letter From An Old Friend
- And This is How it All Looked
- Last Night
- My Peacock
- Aunt Kiki's House
- The Famous Prada Shoe Story
- Only In South Florida...
- Accompanying Sketch
- LOOK!! WE'RE DEFINITELY GOING TO DIE!!
- Moons Over My Hammy
- Attack of the Gigantor Purse
- The Chocolate Gas Station (Not What You Think, I S...
- How Did I Forget Mango Season?
- Things I Love About South Florida #8 - Sea Turtle ...
- This is Where I Was Not Eaten By Sharks
- South Florida Trend Watch - THE Shoe of the Moment...
- I Mean, It IS Shark Week After All
- ▼ August (20)
- 15 Minute Lunch (My Mom Thinks He's Funnier Than Me)
- A Mom, A Blog, and the Life In-Between
- Anne Nahm
- Be a Fan of Wide Lawns on Facebook
- Blue Lotus (stuff about Japan!!!)
- Bye Bye Pie
- Consultant Calamities
- Cryptomundo (in case they catch the Loch Ness Monster)
- Just Humor Me
- Living In Muddy Waters
- Miss Kitty
- Miss(ed) Manners
- My Friend Hollye's Photography
- No Telling
- One Mean MFA
- Plain(s) Feminist
- Sex and the Beach
- Slash Food
- South Florida Daily Blog
- Spooky's Skewed View
- The Insane Waiter
- The New Girl
- Violent Acres
- Whiskey Marie
- Why Architects Drink